Program Manager, Retirement Benefits
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
Justworks is seeking a Program Manager to own and drive the end-to-end coordination of Justworks 401(k) MEP retirement program. In this role, you will report to the Senior Manager, Benefits Program Management, joining our team of Benefits Program Managers who are responsible for driving large, company-wide initiatives from start to finish, building consensus and confidence along the way.
As the Program Manager overseeing Retirement Benefits, you will be expected to scale and influence the 401(K) MEP retirement program, working closely with our product, and partnerships to deliver a seamless customer experience from prospect to customer.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Own the end to end 401(k) MEP retirement benefit experience working across Benefits, Compliance, Sales, Customer Success, and Product Marketing
- Drive greater customer and member adoption of 401(k) MEP retirement benefits
- Provide research based recommendations on the need and impact of new potential retirement benefits amongst our customer base
- Gather feedback from internal and external stakeholders as well as use available data to create KPIs that report the health of 401(k) MEP retirement benefits across Justworks
- Lead regular check-ins with teams across Justworks to identify opportunities, risks, or dependencies, and help keep critical deliverables on track
- Communicate how workstreams are progressing and key business resolutions to leadership and other key stakeholders
- Cross functional Project Management (creating detailed project timelines, making adjustments as needed, setting clear expectations for the working group, etc) as needed (typically driven by changes in legislation or business requirements)
- Anticipate how other teams might be impacted by regulatory and business changes to 401(k) MEP retirement benefits, interpreting their needs, and collaborate with Revenue Enablement to roll out relevant trainings and collateral
- Identify, communicate, and mitigate potential risks, escalating to leadership as appropriate
- Liaise with external vendors, Sales and Customer Success leads to make key resolutions that drive customer retention and growth
- Drive resolution efforts for issues that may arise and follow through until they’re completed
- Inform future strategy through data tracking and insights
- Perform other related duties as assigned
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Program Manager, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following:
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Ethical practice - the ability to integrate core values, integrity and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices.
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
- Analytical - uses a logical reasoning process to break down and work through a situation or problem to arrive at an outcome.
- Good judgment - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- 3-5 years of program or project management experience within a tech-forward organization, with demonstrated wins
- Strong business acumen required, including an understanding of tech/SaaS companies
- Strong SQL and Excel knowledge
- Experience with software planning tools and/or project management tools
- Able to learn about the Justworks benefits/insurance program and other domains quickly
- Strong communication skills, including managing up
- Creative problem-solver with a passion for making complex things simple(r)
- Team player who puts the needs of the project and group first
- Able to manage up and navigate multiple teams and their priorities and needs
- You have a technical background
- You have experience in the Retirement Benefits Space
- You are PMP or PgMP certified.
- You are QKA or RPF certified
The base wage range for this position based in our New York City Office is targeted at $109,000.00 to $119,900.00 per year.
Actual compensation is based on multiple factors that are unique to each candidate, including and not limited to skill set, level of relevant experience, and specific work location. Salary ranges for positions based in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
For more information about Justworks’ Total Reward Philosophy, including all of the perks and benefits we are proud to offer our team members, please visit Total Rewards @ Justworks.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or familial status, disability, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.