Senior Technical Program Manager, Data Services
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
You’re a team player who understands that the needs of the program and group come first. You’re excited by the opportunity to support the vision and strategy for large cross-cutting initiatives. You are ready to do whatever it takes to achieve success for your program, and are eager to motivate others in this mission as well.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will be working on with the teams responsible for delivering data products and data platform as a product. You will be responsible for driving large, company-wide initiatives from start to finish, building consensus and confidence along the way. You will work collaboratively with various functional area leaders to coordinate planning cycles in support of data initiatives. Your role entails leading regular check-ins with various working groups across the org, helping keep deliverables on track, and leading change as you anticipate how others might be impacted. You will be an advocate and voice for Data Services, emphasizing the value of the teams work towards supporting strategic objectives.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Drive end-to-end delivery of cross-functional data initiatives, including defining requirements, scope, resources, timeline, and deliverables.
- Partner closely with Director, Data Services, Sr. Data Science Manager and Sr. Data Engineering manager on program standards, principles and ceremonies
- Collaborate with stakeholders across Technology, Business Operations and other divisions to define and implement against org-wide data programs, including data governance, data quality, data integration, and data security.
- Work with business analysts, data engineers, data scientists, software engineers and product leads to gather requirements, prioritize tasks, and drive project execution.
- Continuously assess data teams’ Agile maturity level and elevate our Agile adoption to the next level, with the ultimate goal of delivering great data products to our customers quickly, often and safely
- Create outcome driven roadmaps and make adjustments as needed, setting clear expectations for the program
- Elicit detailed requirements for data initiatives, ensuring a clear alignment of technical specifications against business outcomes.
- Foster trust and collaboration across the teams; make it safe to challenge, experiment, and fail without fear
- Foster continuous celebration of successes and learnings from the past
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Technical Program Manager, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Customer focus - builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
- Nimble learning - actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Plans and aligns - breaks down objectives into appropriate initiatives and actions; stages activities with relevant milestones and schedules.
- Business insight - applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- 7+ years of experience in technical program management, in data services or a related domain.
- Deep understanding of core components of data architecture and development tools that support data engineers, data analysts and data scientists
- Significant exxperience in setting and managing goals via OKRs
- Experience with modern data stack languages & technologies (e.g., SQL, Python, Snowflake, DBT, Tableau, etc.)
- Knowledgeable in SAFe, Agile, Scrum and ideally other disciplines (i.e. Lean, Kanban, XP practices)
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks, manage resources, and meet deadlines.
- Experience with software planning tools and/or project management tools (e.g. Jira, Airtable, Confluence)
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across diverse teams and influence stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical thinking abilities, with a proactive and solution-oriented mindset.
- Prior experience building cross functional delivery teams a plus
- CSM, CPSO, CSD, SAFe certification would be plus. CPSO would be regarded and valued highly
The base wage range for this position based in our New York City Office is targeted at $167,500.00 to $184,250.00 per year.
Actual compensation is based on multiple factors that are unique to each candidate, including and not limited to skill set, level of relevant experience, and specific work location. Salary ranges for positions based in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
For more information about Justworks’ Total Reward Philosophy, including all of the perks and benefits we are proud to offer our team members, please visit Total Rewards @ Justworks.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or familial status, disability, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.