Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
Do you love crafting physical spaces to maximize appeal and efficiency? Are you someone who notices even the smallest of details and understands how they influence a work environment? Do you thrive in an entrepreneurial setting where you can build something meaningful for yourself and others?
As a Mailroom Coordinator, you’ll help deliver a best-in-class mail operation to Justworks departments.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Receive, open, sort, and scan incoming mail, efficiently processing it through digital mail software.
- Upload scanned documents to the digital mail software, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Properly shred and/or archive physical documents in compliance with document retention policies.
- Maintain a well-organized mailroom and filing room, restricting access to authorized personnel.
- Receive and deliver incoming packages using the Envoy delivery system.
- Create shipping labels and schedule outgoing shipments accurately and in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain structured playbooks to support the mail operation, ensuring consistency and efficiency in processes.
- Prepare monthly mail volume reports to measure productivity and identify areas for improvement.
- Stay informed about workplace trends and best practices in the industry, incorporating them into the mailroom operations where appropriate.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Mailroom Coordinator, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately results in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities, and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Clear communication - the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding.
- Solution-oriented - identifies the source of a question or challenge and provides the right, or a better, way of doing things.
- Good judgement - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications,identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Decision quality - makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward, relying on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Consultative - takes an approach that focuses on building relationships with others, understanding their problems, and developing solutions to their challenges through open-ended questions and active listening.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in the mailroom.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills with acute attention to detail.
- Ability to be responsive and resourceful and work across teams.
- Excellent attention to detail, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skill.
- A customer-centric mentality that is eager to resolve questions and issues.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to quickly prioritize in a fast-moving environment.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, and eager to improve everything you touch.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- You are self-motivated, thorough, and able to anticipate the needs of your team and the space.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
The base wage range for this position based in our New York City Office is targeted at $23.47 to $25.82 per hour.
Actual compensation is based on multiple factors that are unique to each candidate, including and not limited to skill set, level of relevant experience, and specific work location. Salary ranges for positions based in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
For more information about Justworks’ Total Reward Philosophy, including all of the perks and benefits we are proud to offer our team members, please visit Total Rewards @ Justworks.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or familial status, disability, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.