Senior Product Designer, Workforce Management
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
Justworks is seeking a Senior Product Designer to help scale our Workforce Management product experience. The Workforce Management team’s mission is to provide HR Admins with the tools they need to be operationally efficient, so they can create a positive employee experience that attracts and retains quality talent.
We do this by providing a flexible and best-in-class solution that meets the company’s and employee’s needs. As a Justworks Senior Product Designer, you will champion design and co-lead the design process on your cross-functional team of Product Managers and Engineers to evolve our existing product suite and drive innovation.
In this role, you will apply your passion for tackling complex design problems with a focus on our customers’ needs. You are a versatile designer who steps back to analyze complex workflows and also dives into the interactions and visual details. You advocate sharing early and often, collaborating with other designers to establish a world-class user experience for our customers across the Justworks product suite. Our ideal candidate pushes their clean design sense, is a seasoned systems-level thinker, and is constantly pushing to mold complex experiences into simple, delightful ones.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Collaborate effectively with product managers, engineers, product marketing and other designers to identify and define product opportunities.
- Lead projects through an end-to-end design process: design strategy, research, exploration, interaction and visual design, prototyping, testing, launch, evaluation and iteration.
- Run research sessions to uncover customer problems, needs, and mental models.
- Facilitate workshops and brainstorm sessions with your team, designers, and other departments.
- Create conceptual design solutions for strategic problems and dive into the interactions and visual details
- Support design decisions with data and insights.
- Work closely with engineers to deliver the polished final product.
- Mentor other designers
- Contribute to our internal design process and design system.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Senior Product Designer, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Customer focus - builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
- Nimble learning - actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Results-driven - consistently achieves results, even under difficult circumstances.
- Creative thinking - discovering new opportunities and solutions for problems by looking beyond current practices and using innovative thinking.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience in product design.
- You have a portfolio that shows your process, a user-centered approach, and the results.
- You have contributed to design systems.
- You’re energized by solving very complex product problems and communicating them in a simple and understandable way.
- You value the details, but you also seek broad perspectives.
- You seek feedback from your team and customers.
- You're thoughtful, and genuinely care about the quality of what ships to our customers.
- You’re a pro in design tools like Figma.
Nice to have
- You have experience working on HR, data analytics, or project management software
The base wage range for this position based in our New York City Office is targeted at $165,000.00 to $181,500.00 per year.
Actual compensation is based on multiple factors that are unique to each candidate, including and not limited to skill set, level of relevant experience, and specific work location. Salary ranges for positions based in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
For more information about Justworks’ Total Reward Philosophy, including all of the perks and benefits we are proud to offer our team members, please visit Total Rewards @ Justworks.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or familial status, disability, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.