Manager, Customer Success
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
You are a seasoned customer success-focused professional, who works well under pressure. You are proactive in overcoming obstacles and removing barriers in solving problems. You are a hands-on leader who will think and act both strategically and tactically to drive the team’s engagement at all points of the customer lifecycle and increase Justwork's revenue. You are enthusiastic, optimistic, and creative with the ability to inspire others, as you will be responsible for coaching, mentoring, and developing individual Customer Success Managers of varied experience levels.
As one of the leaders of our Customer Success Management group, you will be responsible for guiding our Customer Success Managers (CSMs) as brand owners, product and subject matter experts, and specialists in customer satisfaction and retention. You should be able to communicate and coach effectively to ensure that your team members are delivering and developing at a high level.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Lead the hiring and expansion of the Customer Success Management team as the company scales
- Coach your team members in reinforcing Customer Success Management best practices, our CS identity, and the Justworks brand
- Work closely with Customer Success Managers and internal teams to advocate for customer needs and that the voice of the customer is heard, understood, and prioritized
- Focus on continuous process and quality improvement in partnership with cross-functional teams
- Obsess over key CS metrics of customer satisfaction, health, churn, product adoption and retention
- Monitors your team's books of business to identify customers that are at risk, highlight trends, and help coach the team through challenges
- Proactively ensures customer satisfaction and that CSMs are driving value for customers and revenue for Justworks through routine interactions, business reviews, and promotion of product solutions
- Educate and advise Customer Success Managers on retention strategies
- Handle general management responsibilities, such as conducting 1:1s, leading regular team meetings, generating reports, and conducting annual performance reviews
- Other duties as needed based on department and/or organizational needs.
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Manager of Customer Success Management, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities, and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Consultative - takes an approach that focuses on building relationships with others, understanding their problems, and developing solutions to their challenges through open-ended questions and active listening.
- Taking responsibility - being accountable, being committed, and accepting ownership for one's decisions, actions, and behavior.
- Adaptability - the ability to adjust your approach or actions in response to changes in your external environment.
- Solution-oriented - identifies the source of a question or challenge and provides the right, or a better, way of doing things.
- Curious - the innate desire to learn, grow and understand.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in customer success, relationship management or account management, ideally in the PEO/HR/benefits space
- Minimum of 2 years of people and team management experience required
- Proven experience with mentoring and/or coaching team members
- Experience in HR Tech/SaaS is a preferred
- Demonstrated track record of passion for Customer Success
- Expertise in developing and educating on retention strategies
- Track record of excellence with achieving team KPIs and metrics
- Impeccable organizational, written and verbal communication skills with acute attention to detail
- Aptitude to be consultative and innovative when problem-solving
- Aptitude for learning new subject matter, and helping others learn and develop as well
The base wage range for this position based in our New York City Office is targeted at $119,000 to $130,900 per year.
Actual compensation is based on multiple factors that are unique to each candidate, including and not limited to skill set, level of relevant experience, and specific work location. Salary ranges for positions based in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
For more information about Justworks’ Total Reward Philosophy, including all of the perks and benefits we are proud to offer our team members, please visit Total Rewards @ Justworks.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or familial status, disability, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.