Manager, Financial and Controls Investigations
Who We Are
Kyndryl is a market leader that thinks and acts like a start-up. We design, build, manage, and modernize the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day. So why work at Kyndryl? We are always moving forward – always pushing ourselves to go further in our efforts to build a more equitable, inclusive world for our employees, our customers, and our communities.
We are looking for a strong Manager to join Kyndryl’s General Auditor Organization (GAO) to support Kyndryl’s Financial and Controls investigations team.
The Manager of Financial and Controls investigations will report to the VP, Audit and will be responsible for management of the Financial and controls investigations team and day-to-day operations to ensure internal investigations of possible violations of Kyndryl’s Business Conduct Guidelines related to financial recording and reporting, business processes and inappropriate use of assets conducted thoroughly and timely.
Who You Are
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Develop, implement, and maintain investigations policies and procedures in accordance with investigation best practices and ensure that all staff are properly trained
- Manage a team of investigators performing independent investigations globally
- Participate in the development of internal policies, guidelines, and tools to strengthen the investigation process and staff development
- Oversee and evaluate allegations received and determine the appropriate investigations procedures based on nature and severity of allegations
- Manage the development of investigations work plans, preliminary assessments, including objectives, scope, timing, staffing, information gathering techniques, and reviewing investigation reports to ensure accuracy
- Lead interviews with senior executives on sensitive matters
- Coordinate the investigations procedures with other Kyndryl functions e.g., Legal, Compliance Office
- Prepare reports summarizing the results of investigations
- Promote a culture of excellence within the investigations team
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- CPA or CFE certifications (or equivalent)
- 13+ years total professional experience with a minimum 3 - 4 years of experience in accounting, finance and controls
- 8+ years total experience in supervising staff
- Strong operational focus and experience managing global teams
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to gather facts, organize data, analyze financial statements and other financial data, and identify relevant issues
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to make presentations to executives in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work long hours and have flexibility to meet deadlines
- Flexibility to travel
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Three plus years of experience with a "Big 4" or national consulting firm in a capacity that required conducting investigations
- Familiarly with COSO’s Fraud Risk Management Guide and anti-bribery laws and regulations
- Undergraduate degree in one of the following areas: Accounting or Finance
- Master’s degree in one of the following areas: Accounting, Finance, Business, JD, or other relevant area
- Less than 25% of travel may be required
Diversity is a whole lot more than what we look like or where we come from, it’s how we think and who we are. We welcome people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences. But we’re not doing it single-handily: Our Kyndryl Inclusion Networks are only one of many ways we create a workplace where all Kyndryls can find and provide support and advice. This dedication to welcoming everyone into our company means that Kyndryl gives you – and everyone next to you – the ability to bring your whole self to work, individually and collectively, and support the activation of our equitable culture. That’s the Kyndryl Way.
What You Can Expect
With state-of-the-art resources and Fortune 100 clients, every day is an opportunity to innovate, build new capabilities, new relationships, new processes, and new value. Our employee learning hub gives you access to the best learning in the industry to receive certifications and accreditations, including Microsoft University, AWS Cloud Center of Excellence, Udemy, and the Harvard Business Review. Through our company-wide volunteering and giving platform, you can donate, start fundraisers, volunteer, and search over 2 million non-profit organizations. At Kyndryl, we invest heavily in you! We want you to succeed so that together, we will all succeed.