Regional General Manager
Posted on Saturday, July 1, 2023
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
We are looking for a Regional General Manager to join our Operations team as a strategic leader. In this role you’ll challenge the status quo through complex problem solving, difficult decision making, and building strong business cases. Additionally, you’ll own the P&L for a core region while managing a team of leaders and operators.
The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of the Southeast Region and exemplifies mature leadership and is a proven thought leader. You'll have a knack for building relationships across an organization. You're an in the moment problem solver and able to think about the short and long term plan. Your background is in a warehouse environment with a focus on operational excellence. Building, scaling and being part of a forward-thinking organization energizes you.
This is a hybrid position requiring you to live within Colorado, Texas, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Florida, Georgia, or North Carolina (Lime's Southeast Region)
What you'll do:
- Own the P&L, team, and strategic direction for one of Lime’s core regions
- Articulate a multi-year strategy for the core region and translate it into budgets, operating plans, Government Relations tactics, and more
- Be the operational expert for your region, champion operational excellence, leading end-to-end operational improvements, advising teams and influencing innovation across the company
- Attract and develop top-tier senior operational leaders while cultivating a high-performing, values-driven culture backed by regular feedback, clear accountability, and proactive performance management
- Engage collaboratively in company-wide planning, advocating for your region while incorporating the greater needs of the company
- 9+ years of work experience within an operations, management consultancy, financial or business analyst, or equivalent role as a highly cross-functionally senior leader owning a P&L
- Experience working in a warehouse environment for a fast paced start technology company managing professional level staff
- 7+ year of experience leading a team for a large and complex region including providing coaching and performance management while creating a culture of feedback and accountability
- Demonstrated ability to attract, develop, and motivate top-tier operational talent that ideates on and executes operational excellence while guiding operational changes
- Analytically minded with a strong understanding of real-time marketplaces (supply and demand economics) and the ability to navigate, decode, and use data to build compelling narratives and reports with advanced experience using Excel or Google Sheets and knowledge of SQL
- Demonstrated skills in identifying and resolving complex problems, exercising good judgment in drawing conclusions, while navigating ambiguous environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability flex your communication style to external and external stakeholders including the ability to C-Team members while utilizing data that effectively communicate short and long strategic operations solutions
- Detail oriented, process improvement focused, self motivated and energetic, with the drive and ability to learn new skills and grow with the role
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
The anticipated salary range for this position is $122,000 - $163,000. Equity and benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, depending on the position offered. Not all candidates will be eligible for the upper end of the salary range. Exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidate's skills, experience and other qualifications as well as the candidate's location of residence. In addition to base salary, some roles may be eligible for a variable bonus based on a combination of company performance, employee performance, and management discretion.
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.