Senior Financial Analyst, TBS
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
FP&A is an integral part of the decision-making process at Lyft, embedded within the business to ensure we maximize ROI and drive to the best possible P&L outcomes. Lyft’s FP&A team is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our Transit, Bikes and Scooters (“TBS”) team to provide financial and analytical support to drive strategic decisions and set the long-term vision for the company, with a focus on capital expenditures and cash flow forecasting. As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will work directly with stakeholders across TBS in planning, forecasting and reporting key metrics to senior leadership.
- Drive Line of Business financial management reporting, ensuring quality and accuracy coupled with key insights for presentation to senior leadership
- Manage the recurring Line of Business financial forecast in collaboration with Internal FP&A teams and develop Executive reporting on both a GAAP & Non-GAAP reporting basis with thorough understanding of financial line items
- Gain a deep understanding of Line of Business financial infrastructure and gain ability to accurately reflect product initiatives onto P&L from top to bottom
- Be the voice of finance in the operations capital and spares planning processes, ensuring that we prioritize the highest ROI projects and deliver our assets in the most cost effective manner
- Work closely with local teams and department heads to evaluate new partnerships, product initiatives, alternative operating models, product pricing and other investment opportunities
- Support the annual budgeting process to streamline business partner input and drive target setting across the org
- Maintain a strong understanding of key drivers of operating performance, issues and challenges facing the businesses, major investment themes and relevant trends in the transportation and micromobility industry
- Seek out opportunities to create new processes and optimize for efficiencies, specifically in current forecast or ad hoc models
- Assist in preparation of executive-level and board of director materials, summarizing findings and recommendations
- Collaborate with business partners to provide ad hoc analysis
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
- 4+ years of work experience in financial planning and analytics in a rigorous environment (public company experience preferred) or 3+ years of Strategic Finance, Consulting, Investment Banking or Private Equity experience
- Advanced Excel skills. Experience building detailed financial models, complex formulas and manipulating large data sets
- Must be a proactive & highly organized self-starter, able to work independently and under tight deadlines while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to organize and track overlapping tasks and assignments, with frequent priority changes
- Outstanding oral and written communicator who tailors the message and medium by audience and adeptly partners up, down, and across the organization
- Comfortable navigating financial statements
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
The expected range of pay for this position in the US is $105,170 - $142,500. Salary ranges are dependent on a variety of factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location. Range is not inclusive of potential equity offering, bonus or benefits. Your recruiter can share more information about the salary range specific to your working location and other factors during the hiring process.