Senior Software Engineer, Digital Ad Infra
Software Engineer - Digital Ad Infra, Lyft Media
Location: New York City
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for experienced software engineers from a scope of disciplines. We are growing our team with people who want to build, improve and incorporate technologies that make the lives of our community more enriched. As an engineer at Lyft, you'll collaborate with teams like product, data science, analytics, and operations on code that empower us to iterate quickly, while focusing on delighting our passengers and drivers.
As a Software Engineer for Lyft Media – you will work on one of Lyft’s newest lines of business focused on building the world’s largest transportation media network. We build products that allow brands to engage with our unique audience throughout their transportation journeys. This role is on our Digital Ad Infra team focused on building a first-in-class ad tech stack.
- Help define the roadmap and architecture based on technology and business needs
- Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable, maintainable code
- Have a good grasp and ability to explain the various tradeoffs made in decisions
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- Lead projects from idea to positive execution
- Incorporate considerations for business context and failure modes in your work
- Proactively participate in resolving ongoing incidents
- Unblock, support, effectively communicate, and obtain buy-in across teams to achieve results
- Share your knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, and evangelizing appropriate tech and engineering best practices
- BSc/MSc in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, related field or relevant work experience
- 5+ years of engineering experience working in any of these stacks; Python, GO, Java, etc.
- 2+ years of specific ad tech experience
- Experience with Linux
- Embedded or low level programming a plus
- Must have a track record of professional excellence
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Starting in September 2023, this role will be in-office on a hybrid schedule — Team Members will be expected to work in the office 3 days per week on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Additionally, hybrid roles have the flexibility to work from anywhere for up to 4 weeks per year.
The base salary range for this position in the US is $162,000 - $180,000. Salary ranges are dependent on a variety of factors, including qualifications, experience and geographic location. Range is not inclusive of potential equity offering, bonus or benefits. Your recruiter can share more information about the salary range specific to your working location and other factors during the hiring process.