Staff Product Designer - Safety
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Trust and confidence is fundamental to Lyft, and the Community Safety team is charged with protecting and caring for all our drivers and riders. This involves prevention, assistance and mitigation of high risk safety events from happening, and if they do, developing a fast and caring response to any safety issue.
We’re looking for a staff product designer to advocate and maintain a ‘Safety First’ culture within Lyft, and be happy and comfortable in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. You'll partner with designers, researchers, marketers, and product managers to define and create top-notch experiences with safety as a core tenet for success. You’re experienced with every step of product development, from brainstorming broad ideas to ensure design quality through launch. Using your full range of interaction, visual, and product thinking skills, you will lead and own core Safety experiences across our product teams.
- Create industry-leading safety experiences for riders and drivers on Lyft’s platform
- Co-lead with talented, empathetic cross-functional partners on product strategy and process
- Influence cross-functional and cross-team efforts to build high value opportunities that uphold safety standards across our experiences
- Problem solve, think big, and explore divergent concepts/ideas while understanding how to converge and build iteratively towards your vision.
- Plan strategically and think tactically as a partner with product and engineering to define the future of the team.
- Influence the shape of the product with research and data while executing design work using high quality wireframes, mockups, user journeys, and cross-platform interactive prototypes.
- Advocate for design by sharing your work and presenting cross-functionally, while being able to precisely articulate design rationale.
- Inspire the entire team (including your cross-functional) partners by bringing new ideas to the table.
- Create a unified, end-to-end experience through close collaboration with team members from across the Product and Marketing Design Teams.
- 8+ years of experience working in UX, UI, HCI related field with experience working on web based design
- Experience working with a lean team of Engineers, Product Managers and Program Managers
- Experience designing innovative products for desktop and mobile
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with user research methods and analysis
- Expertise with Figma and other prototyping tools
- Excellence in design craft
- Ability to work with a low-ego, highly collaborative, cross-functional team
- Excited about working in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
Even if you don't directly have the skills above, please consider applying. We know talent takes many different shapes.
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Starting in September 2023, this role will be in-office on a hybrid schedule — Team Members will be expected to work in the office 2 days per week on Mondays and Thursdays. Additionally, hybrid roles have the flexibility to work from anywhere for up to 4 weeks per year.