Proposal Operations Specialist
- TIME 100 Most Influential Companies (2023)
- CNBC Disruptor 50 List (2022, 2023)
- Fast Company Most Innovative Companies (2020, 2023)
- Built Best Places to Work (2023)
- Fortune Best Workplaces NY (2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
- Great Place to Work certified (2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
- Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators (2022)
- Built In LGBTQIA+ Advocacy Award (2022)
We are seeking a collaborative and detail-oriented Proposal Operations Specialist to join our Proposal Operations team. In this role, you will report to the Senior Proposal Operations Manager and play a crucial role in supporting our proposal management efforts. The ideal candidate will have intermediate knowledge and skills in various areas, including enterprise software, business principles, project management, data analytics, and communication. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to deliver high-quality proposals and contribute to the growth of our organization.
- Lead proposal management efforts for simple small and mid-sized opportunities, while assisting with the management of complex or high-value enterprise and jumbo efforts under close supervision.
- Identify and summarize proposal requirements, ensuring a clear understanding of client needs and expectations.
- Schedule meetings with key proposal contributors, create a collaborative environment, and manage project timelines.
- Create project management schedules, meeting agendas, and meeting notes, ensuring all necessary documentation is organized and easily accessible.
- Finalize all documents for production, ensuring proper formatting and order for submission.
- 4+ years of professional work experience
- 2+ years of experience as a proposal management specialist or in a similar role, preferably in a commercial team setting.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
- Intermediate understanding of enterprise software such as SFDC, Loopio, etc.
- Intermediate understanding of business principles and project risk identification.
- Intermediate data analytics skills, including data cleaning, sorting and filtering, formulas and functions, data visualization, data analysis functions, data tables and PivotTables, data validation and conditional formatting, data analysis tools, data query and external data connections, macros and automation.
- Intermediate ability to index and locate company data.
- Intermediate project management and time management skills.
- Intermediate general writing skills with a strong grasp of grammar and writing best practices.
- Intermediate organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Intermediate cross-functional communication skills, capable of collaborating with diverse teams.
- Intermediate research skills with the ability to apply new information effectively.
- Intermediate expertise with tools like Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and Google Workspace.
- Expert computer skills and a quick learner of new software.
- Enthusiasm for learning about sales and proposal contexts.
- CAPM (Certified Associate in Project Management) certification is a plus.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment managing multiple simultaneous projects.
- Operational mindset with experience optimizing systems and processes.
- Familiarity with the healthcare industry, digital health, and/or family benefits.
- Experience with Salesforce and proposal portal platforms.
For candidates in NYC, CO, or CA, the base salary range for this role is $80,000 - $110,000 per year. You will also be entitled to receive stock options and benefits. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, and skillset.
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
We are reimagining what a supportive workplace looks like, from the inside out. On top of standards such as employer-covered health, dental, and insurance plan options, and generous PTO, we offer an all-of-you, inclusive approach to benefits:
- Maven for Mavens: access to the full platform and specialists, including care for everything from mental health, reproductive health, family planning, pediatrics.
- Whole-self care through wellness partnerships
- Weekly breakfast, lunch, and get-togethers
- 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave, flexible time upon return, and $1.5K/mo for 2 months, new parent stipend (for Mavens who've been with us at least six months)
- Udemy, annual professional development stipend, and access to a personal career coach through Maven
- 401K matching for US-based employees (immediately vesting)
These benefits are applicable to Maven Clinic Co., US-based, full-time employees only. 1099/Contract Providers are ineligible for these benefits.