Lead Engineer, Cloud Insights & Telemetry
The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $137.6 billion by 2026!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The MongoDB Cloud Services Team is a diverse group of contributors working together to help our users manage MongoDB at global scale. The Cloud Team is responsible for MongoDB Atlas: our database as a service offering and fastest growing product which allows users to deploy fault-tolerant, globally distributed MongoDB clusters in just minutes.
We're looking for a Lead Engineer to join our Cloud Insights & Telemetry (InTel) Team. The Cloud InTel team is responsible for the systems which monitor the performance and health of our customers' MongoDB deployments through diagnostic metrics about their clusters and powerful advice like schema and index suggestions that ensure our customers are getting the most out of MongoDB.
This role will involve working on an existing team within InTel that is responsible for time series diagnostics products for the entire MongoDB ecosystem including the database, App Services, and upcoming products. In service of this goal, the team is currently building out an entirely new system to help us more effectively manage the variety of products whose metrics we manage.
We are looking to speak to candidates who are based in New York, NY.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Enjoys collaboration and being part of a team
- Is approachable, curious, and intellectually honest
- Works on the design and architecture of a modern, scalable web application
- Has experience in people management and technical leadership
- Has multiple years of professional experience building web applications in a compiled language (Java, C#, Go, etc)
- Is familiar with high-volume ingestion pipelines (preferably dealing
- Can collaborate effectively across multiple departments to lead projects to completion
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Grow and support a team of Individual Contributors who are motivated and looking to learn
- Contribute code, design, and architecture to the systems the team is building
- Work with stakeholders throughout MongoDB to refine our roadmap and product
- Foster an inclusive and respectful work environment according to MongoDB's Core Values
- In three months, you'll be familiar with our developer tools and the existing features and projects on the team
- In six months, you will be growing your team members and shepherding the team toward its product and engineering goals
- In nine months, your team will be hitting its stride and driving a long-term roadmap forward
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.