Analytics Manager, Sales
The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $137.6 billion by 2026!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading developer data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
This Manager of Analytics role will sit on our central Analytics & Data Science team, and will partner with stakeholders within the Analytics team, Sales Operations and Strategy teams, as well as with other teams around the business. This role will analyze sales data to discover meaningful business insights. Responsibilities will range across a variety of strategic initiatives including analyzing sales team productivity, measuring effectiveness of new sales roles, and optimizing territory management. The role requires someone with strong analytical and technical skills who is comfortable working across multiple functional areas in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Lead a team of analysts to support GTM and Sales pillars
- Serve as a strategic thought partner to key stakeholders across the org, prioritizing and executing on analytical investigations and building data products
- Empower and guide your team to study the intersection between customer behavior, sales performance and product usage to make data-driven decisions. Define, evaluate, and monitor success metrics, root causes changes, and proactively surface insights to senior leaders
- Collaborate with data science on experimentation and developing models that help us predict customer engagement
- Champion the use of data to drive decision making across the company and at all levels of the organization
- Effectively communicate analytical findings to non-technical audiences; mentor and guide your team on strategic communication
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of relevant professional analytics experience, ideally prior experience working with Sale orgs or other front line teams
- 1+ years of managing a team of analysts/data scientists
- Ability to understand business priorities and prioritize scarce resources appropriately
- Fluent in SQL; Python or R a plus
- Familiarity and comfort working in a big data environment with unstructured or semi-structured data
- Strong background in statistics and experimentation; knowledge of Product Management principles a plus
- Excellent communication skills - oral, written, and visual; ability to take the results of analyses and communicate actionable recommendations concisely
- Eager to roll up your sleeves and dig into any problem in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Experience in the SaaS industry highly desired but not required
- In 3 months you will have a deep understanding of your team, your stakeholder priorities, and an outline of priorities for the next 12 months
- In 6 months you will have built out key processes and cemented strong working relationships with your key stakeholders
- In 12 months you will have delivered on two to three projects that measurably improve sales efficiency and performance
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.