Senior Platforms Software Engineer - Cloud Insights & Telemetry
The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $137.6 billion by 2026!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The MongoDB Cloud Services Team is a diverse group of contributors working together to help our users manage MongoDB at global scale. The Cloud Team is responsible for MongoDB Atlas: our database as a service offering and fastest growing product which allows users to deploy fault-tolerant, globally distributed MongoDB clusters in just minutes.
We're seeking a Software Engineer to join our Insights and Telemetry (InTel) Team within Cloud Platforms. The Cloud InTel Team is responsible for helping users understand the health and performance of their MongoDB deployments and developing tools that look at customer operations and the database state to provide index and schema suggestions, aiming to improve database speed and efficiency. The team works on a variety of APIs and customer-facing UIs empowering MongoDB users to view and interact with their stored data.
We are looking to speak to candidates who are based in New York City, NY for our hybrid working model.
We're looking for someone who
- Enjoys collaboration and being part of a team
- Is approachable, curious, and intellectually honest
- Has written backend systems in a compiled language (Java, C#, Go, etc.)
- Is a backend engineer with a willingness to take on frontend tasks or a full-stack developer with a bias towards backend
- Has experience with the design and architecture of a modern, scalable web application
- Enjoys chasing down difficult problems in a distributed environment and on an database diagnostic/operation level
- Always strives to expand their knowledge and keeps up to date with new technologies
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge of database internals and tuning mechanisms, particularly indexing
- Previous work in TypeScript, React, and Node.js, particularly maintaining an ecosystem of dependencies
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.