Senior Software Engineer, Cloud Backup
The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $121B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The MongoDB Cloud Services Team is a diverse group of contributors working together to help our users manage MongoDB at global scale. The Cloud Team is responsible for MongoDB Atlas: our database as a service offering, and fastest growing product, which allows users to deploy fault-tolerant, globally distributed MongoDB clusters in just minutes.
This role will be based out of our New York City office in a hybrid work mode (3x/week in office).
We're looking for someone who is
- Skilled at writing large-scale, distributed backend systems in a compiled language (Java, C#, Go, etc.)
- Fond of chasing down tough problems in a distributed systems environment
- Cool under pressure - has wrangled production crises, and secretly finds this a little fun
- Experienced with Linux, and able to correlate application performance problems with underlying hardware limits
- Comfortable working across the stack of a modern web application
- Always striving to expand their knowledge
- Curious, collaborative and intellectually honest
- Work closely with product teams, considering the user’s perspective while helping the team achieve success
- Collaborate with team members over best practices and core concepts
- Hold yourself accountable to your actions, maintaining the balance between accomplishing goals with research & development
- Own our core values and adhere to them in your work, and
- Stay up to date with best practices in web engineering
A Software Engineer will be successful in this role when they
- Are open, honest and willing to contribute and collaborate with others
- Develop confidence in finding their way across the platform
- Can take responsibility for the planning and execution of a major feature, representing Engineering when working with Product and Design
- Are willing to learn and contribute to all parts of the stack
- Are resolute in their approach to problem solving, balancing the needs of their team with the willingness to get to the bottom of issues
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.