Staff Product Manager, Database Architecture
The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $137.6 billion by 2026!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading developer data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
This role can be based out of our New York City office or remotely in North America.
- Lead the product vision, roadmap, and implementation plans to ensure all MongoDB customers have predictable and stable performance, regardless of workload demands
- Collaborate with Engineering and Program Management managers and individual contributors to translate a shared product vision into a reality.
- Define and help build the infrastructure to innovate in areas of Scaling, Quality of Service, Workload Management and beyond so that MongoDB continues to meet the needs of our largest customers.
- Continuously monitor and improve the Quality of Service provided to customers through regular collaboration with customers, prospects, partners, and internal stakeholders
- Reduce the sophistication and experience required by customers to successfully operate MongoDB at scale
- Act as a subject-matter expert for Database Reliability and assist Sales, Support, Customer Success, and Product Marketing teams
- Contribute to documentation, blog posts, demos, and marketing materials for new features related to: System Observability, Guardrails, Graceful Degradation, Memory Management, Workload Testing, and Dynamic and Smart Defaults.
- Define personas for different types of customer reliability challenges, explain trade-offs for addressing each challenge, and prioritize accordingly.
- Collaborate with peers in product management and other disciplines to ensure alignment and common success by making Database Reliability top of mind for every team.
- Communicate complex concepts related to database reliability in a manner that is easily understood by multiple audiences
- Improve MongoDB’s brand perception as a Robust Database that is highly capable of running Mission-Critical Workloads
- 10 or more years of experience in product management with a strong focus on database distributed systems and/or cloud databases
- Strong understanding of distributed systems, cloud infrastructure, and the database market
- Capacity and willingness to delve into complex technical details and relate the effects of technical decisions to the user experience.
- Proven track record of successfully building and launching enterprise-grade products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to present technical content to diverse non-technical audiences
- Strong ability to collaborate with people from different parts of the company to ensure solutions drive real business impact
- Strong ability to prioritize and manage a portfolio of different-sized bets while balancing short-term goals and long-term vision
- Strong technical background with an understanding of how software is built, packaged, deployed, and operated
- Experience guiding the full product development process: creation, design, execution, quality testing, etc.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.