Vice President - HR Business Partnering Product & Engineering
The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $136 billion by 2027!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading developer data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is hiring a VP-level HR Business Partner to support its Product and Engineering Teams, a cohort of approximately ~1000 (and growing!) employees. The role sits on the People Leadership Team, reporting to the Chief People Officer of MongoDB. The VP HRBP for Product and Engineering will partner both the Chief Product Officer and the Chief Technology Officer of the company with the help of a team of 3 HRBPs that report to the role as well as the wider People Team.
HRBPs at MongoDB are responsible for helping business unit leaders and their leadership teams develop and implement a people and culture strategy that best supports their business needs. They act as coaches, trusted advisors, change agents, consultants and thought partners on all things talent within the business. They work closely with other teams within the People Team to perform their role and responsibilities - this includes Employee Experience, Total Rewards, Learning & Development, Engagement & Inclusion, Talent Acquisition, HR Operations and People Analytics.
- Works closely with the leadership teams in Product and Engineering to understand their strategic goals, objectives, and challenges, and provide insights, guidance, and solutions related to organization, talent and culture, that align with the overall business strategy
- Oversees the development and implementation of talent management strategies, including onboarding, performance management, career development, succession planning, and workforce planning thereby helping ensure that the teams have the right talent in place to achieve its goals
- Assesses team structures and culture to drive scale and positive change in partnership with the Product & Engineering leaders and Employee Engagement.
- Ensures that pay structures are competitive, aligned with the company’s financial goals and that annual compensation planning processes run smoothly for the business teams, in partnership with the Compensation Team.
- Responsible (in partnership with regional Employee Experience teams) for maintaining positive employee relations by addressing concerns, managing conflict resolution and ensuring a healthy work environment.
- Partners with Learning & Development and Employee Engagement to identify learning and development needs across the business units and develops action plans to deliver appropriate interventions in consultation with the Product and Engineering leaders.
- Monitors & analyzes key HR metrics for the business units such as attrition and engagement data and drives action planning within the business teams.
- Responsible for ensuring that various People processes such as recruiting, onboarding, performance management, compensation planning and exit processes run smoothly for the business units in question.
- Responsible for managing a team of HRBPs to work together to deliver strong business partnering support to the Product and Engineering teams at MongoDB.
- As a member of the People Leadership Team, this role is also responsible for shaping the overall People strategy for MongoDB in partnership with peers and the CPO.
- At least 10-15 years of experience, mostly in the HR Business Partnering, Talent & Organization Development or HR Generalist space.
- At least 5 years of experience as an HRBP supporting senior engineering leaders in a high growth technology company or a larger more established technology company
- Ability to transform business insight and understanding into strategic plans for workforce growth and development, specifically across a diverse Product and Engineering Function
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with stakeholders in varying roles such as the product and engineering leaders, peers on the People Leadership Team, cross-functional partners in teams like Finance and Legal.
- Ability to build trust with and ultimately influence senior product & engineering leaders on all matters related to people and culture
- We are a high growth company, which means:
- You will spend time transitioning between strategic work and transactional responsibilities very frequently, Adaptability and flexibility will serve you well.
- You need to be comfortable with driving and managing change - demonstrated skills in initiating, facilitating and responding to change through effective planning, communication and coaching are critical
- Ability to guide and develop a team of HRBPs, and help establish a culture of performance and growth.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.