Senior Executive Assistant
The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $136 billion by 2027!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading developer data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is seeking a Senior Executive Assistant to support our SVP & VP of Sales Operations. This role is also responsible for working on global projects, Sales Initiatives, and working as an essential member of the Sales team.
This position is ideal for a dynamic, intelligent, highly-organized individual who takes ownership of the details and loves to get things done. In this role, your day will consist of managing and prioritizing a steady stream of requests, meetings, trips, and anticipating how your Execs want these priorities to be handled. To succeed, you’ll have to balance the needs and requirements of multiple parties and be ready to pitch in wherever necessary. You should feel comfortable interacting with high-level executives and know how and when to manage up. You know Google apps for business like the back of your hand and thrive in a fast-paced environment without getting frazzled. You work well within team environments, you’re not afraid to ask for help but are also keen to drive and initiate different initiatives.
- Responsibilities for the Senior Executive Assistant include the ability to think and plan ahead, delegate responsibilities appropriately and manage time effectively
- Manage the daily schedule, multiple requests, and priorities of the Executives and all travel and expenses. Be ready to handle international itineraries and last-minute changes
- Manage the Execs’ calendars meticulously and thoughtfully, coordinating all meetings and calls, including video conferencing and team events
- Lead, drive, and execute various team events and offsite meetings, including ushering contracts through the procurement process and accounts payable through reconciliation
- You will also be required to assist with onsite logistics of the events
- Liaise with execs, create spreadsheets, slide decks, and meeting agendas
- Track action items and key issues to closure with a high degree of integrity and accountability
- Manage multiple requests and priorities – staying calm under pressure, exercising judgment, and seeing beyond the day-to-day to anticipate changing needs
- Work cross-functionally with a diverse range of individuals at all levels in the organization
- Draft and manage correspondence and communications on behalf of the executives, as appropriate
- Assist with special assignments/projects, as needed
- Track the budget for two executives by making sure that they are not under or overspending, suggesting ways to allocate budget and tracking spending.
- Establish ownership and execution of business planning
- Serve as a trusted advisor; run point on business initiatives and communications
- Autonomously identify ways executives can use their time better, and identify what you can take off of their plates
- Provide gatekeeping role between the Leaders and other partners and their direct reports, etc.
- Exercises independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize diversified workload, recommending changes in team practices and procedures
- 5+ years’ experience supporting one or more executives, or other relevant experience working directly with executives
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency with Google Apps (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Calendar), Microsoft Office, and video conferencing tools
- A strong team player, who thrives in a collaborative setting and who is able to work with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Highly organized and meticulous attention to detail with complex calendar management experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player, used to working in a fast paced environment
- Able to handle highly sensitive and confidential material
- Experience booking high-volume domestic and international travel
- Open to working the flexible hours demanded by this position
- Proven ability to keep a calm head under pressure, exercise judgment, and see beyond the day-to-day to anticipate changing needs
- Take feedback well, but also able to work autonomously with little direction and make decisions as needed
- Discretion, diplomacy, and excellent judgment; a high degree of integrity when dealing with highly sensitive and confidential material
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.