Software Engineer, Atlas Migrations
The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $136 billion by 2027!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading developer data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We are seeking a full-stack engineer to join the MongoDB Cloud Team to work on our core product, Atlas. MongoDB Atlas is our database as a service offering. It allows customers to deploy fault-tolerant, secure, globally distributed MongoDB clusters in just minutes.
As an Engineer on the Atlas team you will constantly be challenged to design features to support migrating, managing and securing data for a vast array of use cases, at a humongous scale. You will develop software that manages the Atlas cluster infrastructure on the three major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP) all the way up to the UI where customers build and configure their Atlas clusters.
We are looking to speak to candidates who are based in New York for our hybrid working model.
Position Expectations/Role Responsibilities/What you’ll do...
- Work closely with product, design, and all of the engineers on your team to collectively build features that our customers love
- Stay up to date on the latest advancements in Cloud computing features to bring them to Atlas
- Would enjoy chasing down difficult problems in a distributed environment
- Can take responsibility for the planning and execution of a major feature through the scoping and spec’ing process
Qualifications/Requirements/We’re looking for someone with…
- Has at least 3 years of professional software development experience
- Is skilled at writing large-scale, distributed backend systems in a compiled language (Java, C#, Go, etc.)
- Is comfortable working across the stack of a modern web application (e.g. React, TypeScript, Enzyme)
- Has experience with at least one major cloud provider technology (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Has led the launch of a new feature and maintained it in production
- Is eager to solve tough problems and expand their knowledge
- Has excellent communication skillsIs curious, collaborative, and motivated
- In 3 months, you'll have shipped code into production and collaborated with the team to solve tough problems
- In 6 months, you'll have contributed to a large project
- In 12 months, you'll have designed new features, led development work, and become a go-to expert on parts of the system
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.