Services Delivery Enablement Engineer
The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $136 billion by 2027!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading developer data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB Professional Services (PS) provides deep expertise to support customers' most critical projects and maximize their investment in the MongoDB application data platform. Our consulting engineers work together with customers to solve complex engineering problems and implement a variety of applications and use cases with MongoDB.
The Services Delivery Enablement (SDE) team, within MongoDB Professional Services, is responsible for designing and developing technical enablement programs for a broad set of stakeholders within the MongoDB PS team and its consulting partner organizations, principally consulting engineers, database administrators, and developers. Moreover, the team is a driving force behind consulting processes, playbooks, systems and tools to help ensure these technical professionals are at the top of their game so that we provide a world-class customer experience.
We are looking for an experienced MongoDB engineer to focus on the technical enablement of our PS partner ecosystem worldwide, and help drive the growth of the MongoDB professional services business.
This role will be based remotely in New York, NY, East Coast states, or Western Europe.
What you will do
- Evaluate training requirements by product and role, and develop appropriate technical enablement programs, with a particular focus on our PS partner stakeholders, and tailored to our PS offerings
- Work closely with MongoDB PS Partner Managers to help foster positive relationships with our PS partner ecosystem, and ensure our PS partners are fully equipped to deliver professional services on behalf of MongoDB. In this context, your role is to provide timely and accurate feedback on the PS partners being trained, assist in designing and implementing PS partner enablement programs and help drive PS partner certification
- Keep abreast of new MongoDB products and features, PS offerings, and industry trends such as AI - collaborating with the MongoDB product engineering, customer engineering and other PS teams. Develop engaging, accurate, in-depth enablement content that helps make our PS partners successful at helping our customers to adopt MongoDB solutions.
- Deliver technical training, principally to our PS partner stakeholders, principally consulting engineers, developers and database administrators
- Apply all your MongoDB skills to support the development of new and revised PS offerings to keep pace with industry trends, customer needs and MongoDB product evolution, in particular as they relate to our PS partner ecosystem. In this context your role is to provide technical subject matter expertise as a co-creator of new PS offerings or to propose new offerings as you see fit, so that ourPS partner ecosystem is leveraged in the best possible way
- Build out and support crowd-sourcing of playbooks, best practices and other technical consulting resources to drive a culture of excellence.
- Ensure that MongoDB PS partners, as well as internal consulting engineers and other roles have access to systems and resources necessary to perform their roles competently (e.g. cloud infrastructure, tools, etc.)
Experience you will need
- 3+ years experience of MongoDB platform and related technologies, and a well-established reputation as a trusted advisor.
- 2+ years of software development/consulting/support experience, preferably in a number of distinct industries/verticals.
- 2+ years of experience in enterprise technology professional services, in a consulting or other customer-facing delivery role.
- Ideally, but not strictly required, 1+ year of experience in the Artificial Intelligence field, either in a development or consulting capacity
- Familiarity with enterprise-scale software architectures, application development methodologies, and software deployment and operations.
- Experience with databases such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL.
- Excellent analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to innovative technologies and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High motivation for a role that combines deep technical work with the softer skills needed to incept and drive change and improvement across the MongoDB PS organization.
- A “can-do” attitude, and the ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally.
- Ability to analyze, develop and deploy new and/or optimize existing internal processes
- Location: EMEA or NA East Coast
- Ability to speak and write English fluently
Within 3 months:
- Take ownership of appropriate parts of the technical enablement curriculum, developing new and existing content and methods of delivery to ensure that we provide a superlative ramping experience, and can do so at scale.
- As needed, deliver technical training to ramp MongoDB consultant and PS partner consulting engineers, developers, and DBAs.
Within 6 months:
- Contribute to initial success in improving the evergreening of consultant skills, with particular focus on how we scale expertise across a growing number of MongoDB products, and particularly as it relates to our PS partners.
- Contribute to ongoing evolution of the enablement roadmap.
Within 12 months:
- Act as a driving force within the MongoDB consulting engineer community meaningfully driving increased consistency and excellence in consulting delivery worldwide, including amongst our PS partner community, through the build-out and crowd-sourcing of best practices.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.