The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $137.6 billion by 2026!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading developer data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We're seeking an AI Developer Advocate to join our Developer Relations team, driving enablement for MongoDB's artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) capabilities. As developers increasingly choose MongoDB as their data platform, your role will involve directly engaging the community, creating inspiring resources and content, and collaborating with a global team of skilled Developer Advocates. From startups to Fortune 500 companies, you'll empower developers to integrate advanced data capabilities into their apps and solutions. If you're passionate about AI's potential and enjoy fostering a vibrant developer ecosystem, join us in shaping the future of development on MongoDB.
Our Developer Relations teams are distributed around the world and a majority of the group works remotely. This role can work from North America, South America, or Europe locations. Please check out our latest content and activity to see what our team is up to.
We are excited to welcome an influential person to our team who is already an established voice in AI and ML. From your experience over the past few years, we’ll see you on videos (and probably at events before that) sharing technical insights, leading discussion, and inspiring others to effectively use AI/ML capabilities. More recently, you’ve posted content and talks building on your trusted voice as AI’s adoption and future has accelerated.
At the foundation of your passion and expertise is a love to enable others. Our ideal candidate will have at least 5 years experience in a technical role, as a data scientist or developer, working directly within an enterprise or with customers. In addition to machine learning and AI-related content, the code you’ve shared and contributed will show your ability and enthusiasm to help others get started or solve innovative problems.
You should be an effective teacher with the ability to explain complex issues in a simple, understandable manner. In addition to an appreciation for key, AI-related capabilities of our platform, like vector search and aggregation pipelines, you will develop expertise in the core capabilities of MongoDB, document modeling, and emerging topics across our industry.
Though the expertise you bring will be unique, our team is built to work together to share knowledge and help each other grow. You will work with others at all levels, supporting peer reviews for examples, demonstrations, sessions, and other content. You should have a genuine passion for enabling other developers to be more productive and successful.
- Leverage your strong foundation in ML/AI and database technologies to become a recognized authority on MongoDB within the organization and the wider community.
- Maintain and continually develop proficiency in one or more complementary programming languages to effectively communicate with developers and contribute to product improvements.
- Data engineering experience and familiarity with popular LLM development frameworks (Langchain / LlamaIndex)
- Work closely with product and growth marketing teams, offering expert counsel on the most effective ways to engage and enable the developer community, both online and in-person.
- Partner with our marketing teams to co-create compelling, authentic messaging and strategies that resonate with our target audiences.
- Partner with our Community team to support growth of our MongoDB user groups, Champions, and influencer programs across the region
- Expertise building solutions with machine learning technologies and a cloud provider (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Expertise in one of more machine/deep learning workflows with integrations to databases
- Prolific author of content (tutorials, how to guides, readme) to help developers learn
- Shared code and content to with the intent to support/enable other developers
- Great track record of presenting at events and/or via YouTube, Webinars, or Live Streams.
- 10% travel
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.