Director, Sales Strategy and Operations
The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $136 billion by 2027!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading developer data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We are looking for a seasoned Strategy & Planning professional to help us build and lead out the Customer Success Strategy & Planning function worldwide. You will be responsible for learning the ins and outs of each major MongoDB Sales and CSM Business, play a critical role in building relationships with the senior leadership team, developing the team, and drive forward initiatives that will help us unlock sales revenue. The ideal candidate understands what makes a team thrive, has a strong interest in data analysis to tell stories, and thrives in shaping narratives that are conducive to helping our Sales team grow.
Our Strategy and Planning team, part of our broader Sales Operations team, strives to help our field organizations go faster and grow faster. This function acts as business partners to our Senior Leaders. You have an opportunity to embed yourself as the “COO” of the CSM business, and your responsibilities will range across a variety of strategic initiatives including analyzing inefficient business rules, piloting new roles / engagement mechanisms, optimizing for obstacles in the sales / csm partnership process, and analyzing sales data to come up with meaningful business insights.
We are looking to speak to candidates who are based in New York City for our hybrid working model.
As the Lead of Strategy and Planning, you will:
- Lead a team of analytical business partners that are aligned to the CSM organization
- Help drive the analytical rhythm of our business including quarterly business reviews, org deep dives
- Partner with Senior leadership to drive customer, market and segment specific analyses to uncover insight
- Become an expert in business and customer success rules
- Conceptualize and pilot new programs to test the effectiveness of various roles / comp plans / engagement mechanisms
- Participate in quarterly and annual business planning for the CSM teams
- Collaborate with various business units to drive productivity and headcount scenario analyses
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree with a quantitative focus (Economics, Finance, Computer Science, Mathematics, etc.)
- 5+ years of work experience in either Sales Strategy / Consulting / Sales Operations / Analytics
- You have experience managing a team or supervising multiple direct reports
- Effective communicator who can break down convoluted technical concepts into simple business vernacular
- Strong SQL knowledge with an ability to write SQL queries to extract data needed for analysis is preferred but not required
- You are a spreadsheet wizard with the ability to manipulate and analyze data
- Experience with at least one major business intelligence tool (Tableau,Google Data Studio,Looker)
- You are familiar with databases, and the differences between “relational” vs. “non relational”
- You can navigate your way around Salesforce with relative ease
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.