Director, Executive Engagement Programs
The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $136 billion by 2027!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading developer data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is looking for a Director of Executive Engagement Programs to join our Global Corporate Marketing team. In this role, you'll develop and execute marketing programs that elevate the company’s relationships within the C-suite and ITDMs at our top accounts globally. The right candidate will be able to curate executive-level content, deliver unique experiences, and showcase the breadth and depth of our developer data platform through events, inspiring presentations, executive sponsorship, and valuable networking opportunities. The right candidate will be able to work closely with MongoDB leaders and customer-facing teams to enhance relationships between our customers and MongoDB as well as uncover impactful programs that help drive long-term customer success.
We are looking for a marketing communications professional with experience managing executive programs and/or corporate events for leading technology businesses, including planning, strategy, and execution. The right candidate has a successful track record of working across businesses to drive effective programs and has experience working directly with C-level executives. This candidate must be able to analyze and synthesize content and messaging to help craft impactful sessions for executives, including panels and fireside chats. The candidate should also have experience preparing executives (both external and internal) for speaking opportunities. We are looking for a leader who can raise the bar by thinking big, being creative and developing new ways to drive executive engagement with MongoDB customers.
This role will report to the senior director of Customer Marketing & Executive Engagement, and can be based out of our Seattle or New York offices with hybrid and remote options available. Occasional travel will be required.
- Expand the Executive Experience Program to include unique and educational experiences to our top customers
- Create, launch, and manage the MongoDB Executive Sponsorship Program for our top accounts globally
- Develop and roll out new frameworks to drive executive engagement
- Build deep relationships and drive alignment with teams that will participate in the program - Executives, Executive Assistants, Accounts Teams, Customer Success, Marketing
- Collaborate with other programs that leverage MongoDB leaders, ensuring efficiency and clarity internally and with our customers - (i.e. Customer Advisory Board, Industry-focused executive events)
- Define strategy, process, and metrics, and execute plans to automate supporting processes and measurement tools
- Develop tools and processes to improve follow-up on customer engagements and ensure continual engagement throughout the customer lifecycle
- Understand and communicate the results and drive continuous improvement for the program by utilizing data combined with valuable feedback from customers, executives and account teams
- Network with customers to understand how they can become evangelists on behalf of MongoDB
We’re Looking for Someone With:
- 15+ years of experience working in communications with experience in leading technology companies and/or high-growth SaaS, enterprise software, or cloud computing providers
- Event planning experience, including executive-level programs and events
- Ability to engage at all levels of the MongoDB and customer organizations (including C-level) with confidence and poise
- Excellent verbal and written communication, receptive listening skills, and ability to present to different audiences (Executives, Sales, Customer Success, etc.).
- Experience working with Sales and Customer Success organizations
- High judgment and standards with the ability to consistently deliver results
- Familiarity with Salesforce
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Team player able to work with virtual and global cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-changing environment with shifting priorities as the organizational needs evolve
- Able to operate in environments with high ambiguity and strong interpersonal skills
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.