Senior Staff Engineer, Insights and Telemetry (InTel)
The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $136 billion by 2027!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading developer data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The MongoDB Cloud Services Team is a diverse group of contributors working together to help our users manage MongoDB at global scale. The Cloud Team is responsible for MongoDB Atlas: our database as a service offering and fastest growing product which allows users to deploy fault-tolerant, globally distributed MongoDB clusters in just minutes.
We're seeking a Staff Software Engineer to join our Insights and Telemetry (InTel) Team within Cloud Platforms. The Cloud InTel team is responsible for building out our Cloud observability tools and infrastructure for the Developer Data Platform, including MongoDB itself and the variety of tools within our ecosystem such as App Services and Atlas Search. The InTel team builds the infrastructure required to provide user-facing observability, diagnostics, and insights, as well as telemetry for internal business analytics and billing.
Channel your passion for observability into shaping MongoDB's next-gen diagnostic products! Join us in crafting innovative solutions and contributing your unique perspective to make a real impact on our exciting journey.
This role can be based out of our New York City office or remotely in the North America region.
Position Expectations/Role Responsibilities/What you’ll do...
- Work closely with research, product management, product engineering, product design, peers as well as other teams within the company to define the future evolution growth and evolution of our observability solutions
- Define standards and vision for observability and observability architecture across our entire set of product offerings
- Design, architect, build and deliver core pieces of our observability services in collaboration with other vested parties
- Shape architecture, development practices, and escalation policies as the teams and the product grow
Qualifications/Requirements/We’re looking for someone with…
- Significant background in distributed systems internals or building core components for large-scale observability systems
- 10+ years experience of building distributed systems, and/or cloud services at scale
- Proven success in designing, writing, testing, debugging, performance tuning, and maintaining distributed and/or highly concurrent software systems in large, long-lived code bases
- A strong grip on the foundational material of computer science
- Excellent verbal and written technical communication skills and desire to collaborate with colleagues, mentor fellow engineers and assume projects’ ownership and accountability
- Track record of identifying problems, implementing solutions and delivering highly complex projects in distributed systems or databases
- Deep sense of ownership, accountability and pride
- In three months you'll have become familiar with our code, systems, and ongoing projects.
- In six months, you'll be contributing to our ongoing projects and helping plan our future work
- In one year, you'll be shaping the vision and driving the work for observability across MongoDB's Developer Data Platform
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.