Director, Leadership Development
The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $136 billion by 2027!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading developer data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Director of Leadership Development has a critical role to play in this journey. The People Team is currently focused on rolling out and embedding a new framework for culture that we call the Leadership Commitment. The Commitment defines expectations for every person at MongoDB, including our people leaders, and these expectations collectively define our culture. The Director of Leadership Development will lead the creation of innovative, results-driven leadership programs for our people, starting with senior leaders. Eventually, the Director will be accountable for Leadership Development programming for everyone at MongoDB, helping our people experience a true inflection point in their careers.
This role is a part of the Culture and Development Team, a Center of Excellence on the People Team. The Culture and Development team is responsible for sustaining and growing our culture and employees through leadership development and learning, organization development, engagement, and inclusion.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Designing and facilitating Leadership Development programs, and managing others to do so as well
- Influencing and helping other teams to embed leadership development into existing trainings
- Coordinating cross-functionally to ensure that shared language is used consistently for leaders and the expectations of their roles
- Engaging in strong diagnosis of business needs, to better tailor programming that delivers measurable business impact
- Designing and then executing against an end-to-end manager journey
- Selecting and managing vendors and procurement
- Ensuring that our Leadership Commitment is embedded in the everyday vernacular of our people, and that they can deliver against it (in partnership with other members of the People Team)
- Consulting with business leaders and People Team colleagues to make informed talent strategies
- Facilitate alignment between multiple projects running simultaneously, identify dependencies, change management requirements, and prioritize accordingly
- Manage relationships with the stakeholders across all levels, and ensure that the project team and stakeholders have an adequate understanding of ownership, timelines, resource needs, risks, contentions, and dependencies
- Ensure alignment of the program schedule, project priorities and resources with the business objectives
- 15+ years of progressive global experience leading cross functional large scale learning and leadership development projects and strategies, ideally as a program manager and a team leader
- Leadership Development experience with Senior Leaders, preferably in tech
- Instructional design experience, including live, online, and hybrid approaches
- Proven track record of creating innovative learning and development experiences to meet business needs
- Demonstrated impact on business objectives based on learning programming
- Ability to build an overarching framework as well as individual experiences
- Experience managing a team
- Track record of taking a pragmatic approach to solving problems, rather than an academic one
- Experience customizing experiences and content to meet the needs of individual business units
- Strong track record in delivering strategic and tactical solutions in fast-paced, high-growth environments
- Strong consulting skills (e.g., communication, influencing, facilitation and stakeholder management skills)
- Excellence in written communication, and project documentation
- Excellence in communicating and presenting, especially with executive audiences
- Strategic mindset with a willingness to be hands on as required
- Experience working in an HR organization or partnering closely with an HR organization for 5+ years
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee resource groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.