Senior Social Media & Content Manager
The database market is massive (IDC estimates it to be $136B+ by 2027) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading developer data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The MongoDB Global Communications team is looking for a Senior Manager, Social Media & Content to join the team to bring MongoDB’s story to life for the company’s target audiences. In this role, you’ll be responsible for ensuring that the mission and vision are being effectively communicated to target customers in external-facing channels. You’ll combine strategy and hands-on execution to support the global external communications strategy and build brand equity, drive awareness, and foster community engagement. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in developing and executing integrated communications campaigns, creating compelling content across various formats and channels, and tailoring messaging to specific audiences.
This role can be based out of our San Francisco or New York offices with hybrid and remote options available. Occasional travel will be required.
Primary: Social Media
- Develop social channel-specific strategies and objectives that support the team’s goals and overall business priorities.
- Manage social content production to support broader communications goals and campaigns.
- Ensure the company’s mission and vision are being effectively, and creatively, communicated to target customers using the brand’s voice and tone.
- Strategically leverage social media channels as a key element of integrated marketing campaigns, in collaboration with other members of the social team / global communications team.
- Monitor industry trends and news and recommend activities that would drive brand awareness and engagement.
- Track social media metrics and results. Create monthly reports and aggregate data into actionable insights to inform strategy and plans.
- Evaluate new and existing channels based on the company’s needs.
Secondary: Content and External Communications
- Create compelling stories for target audiences; manage and collaborate with agencies and consultants to develop content
- Deliver messaging, story development, and engagement models for integrated campaigns
- Partner with the Global Communications team and other internal partners to develop and execute proactive and strategic communication initiatives
- Monitor, track, and analyze the impact of communications initiatives to iteratively refine strategy/plans
- Evaluate and enhance the Global Communications team’s processes and procedures
- Support the External Communications, Content & Social Media Lead on issues communications as needed
- Develop a calendar for social content, and manage production of content across various formats and channels
- Measure and report on the program results with a focus on our engagement quality and growth.
- Ensure consistency of messaging, voice, and tone across external channels
- Drive brand awareness and engagement through external-facing content and communications
- Partner with the Global Communications team to support global strategy and ensure that business objectives are met
We’re looking for someone with…..
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or a related field
- Minimum of seven years of experience in social media management, external communications, public relations, content development, or related roles
- Creative storyteller, with the ability to take complex information and translate it to a compelling narrative
- Advanced knowledge of Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Reddit
- Experience with moderating, engaging, and cultivating strong advocacy within community social platforms
- Proficiency in social media/marketing tools and content creation tools
- Ability to help build our social media strategy while also being comfortable owning day-to-day execution and engaging with our community members
- Proficiency in digital communication platforms and multimedia content approaches
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to tailor messaging for diverse audiences and channels
- Experience managing integrated communications campaigns in traditional or start-up environments
- Understanding of global media landscapes, industry trends, and best practices in external communications
- Project management experience and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strategic mindset, with the ability to think creatively and deliver innovative communication solutions that drive business objectives
- Strong relationship-building skills, with the ability to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels, both internally and externally
- Subscribes to an “always learning” mentality for themselves and others - gives and receives feedback respectfully, fails forward, and seeks out opportunities for ongoing development
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.