Principal Ecosystem Development Lead, Developer Frameworks
The worldwide data management software market is massive (According to IDC, the worldwide database software market, which it refers to as the database management systems software market, was forecasted to be approximately $82 billion in 2023 growing to approximately $137 billion in 2027. This represents a 14% compound annual growth rate). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading developer data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We are looking for a hardworking, innovative Partner Ecosystem specialist with great energy, passion and initiative to drive new business for the fastest growing and most popular database on the planet, MongoDB. This role will accelerate MongoDB’s developer data platform vision by identifying, developing, executing and scaling strong partnerships with the companies and communities that enable developers to build modern web & AI applications.
Our goals focus on acquiring the next wave of application and web developers by meeting them where they are in their journeys with a compelling joint value proposition and a fantastic developer experience through and with our partners.
This individual should have a proven track record of conducting due diligence across developer ecosystems to inform priorities, ability to build and nurture exec-level relationships with technology companies and open source communities, a willingness and aptitude to develop new opportunities from zero to one, technical acumen, and a strong emotional intelligence to influence cross functional and executive stakeholders to align around new opportunities.
This role will be based in New York City.
- Energetic, resourceful, upbeat, entrepreneurial, tenacious team player
- Prior experience in business development and solution development with technology partners
- Relevant experience and knowledge of application development including how developers leverage web/app frameworks, AI/ML tools, and Open Source software
- Proven ability to open doors, network and forge relationships
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence C-level executives
- Consistent goal achievement in a highly competitive environment
- Ability to articulate the business value of complex enterprise technology through presentation, verbal and written communication
- Proven ability to structure proposals and build joint business plans
- Strong program and project management skills, ability to direct cross-functional processes and teams with timely deliverables
- Proven success as someone who can effectively partner with stakeholders to manage high-value change in a technical organization
- Ability to deconstruct complex challenges into coherent components and steadily advance towards solving them
- Ability to summarize complex trade-offs and prioritize rigorously
- Possess aptitude to learn quickly and establish credibility. High EQ and self-aware
- The ability to work in fast paced environment, be trusted to drive initiatives autonomously and gain buy in from a wide collection of stakeholders
- Passionate about growing your career
- Ecosystem Strategy: Develop a deep understanding of leading application frameworks and ORMs, how developers use them, and the dynamics of the governing organizations or managed services behind each. Collaborate with cross functional stakeholders to prioritize and plan to establish better working relationships. Examples of such frameworks include Django, Unity, Rails, LangChain, and LlamaIndex
- Business Development: Identify, recruit and activate partnerships within this ecosystem. Design net new partner deal terms to incentivize highly successful, mutually beneficial relationships. Constantly learn from and improve deal terms to improve the efficacy of our relationships. Specifically, you will ensure we are supported and listed in each prioritized framework through proof of concepts and negotiations, develop mechanisms to ensure developers are discovering and adopting us, and then evolve our status to become the preferred option
- Partner Success: Create, implement and drive effective programs for partners. Ensure validated technology integrations (a) have awareness internally and externally and drive new developer adoption, (b) qualified partners are incentivized and recommended for opportunities and deliver quality results
- Partner Development and Management: In collaboration with the appropriate technical and business stakeholders at MongoDB and partners, build and drive all aspects of partner relationships including technical product validations, KPIs, and QBRs to maintain high quality integrations, technical roadmap and business alignment, and clear articulation of developer experience
- Orchestrate cross-functional resources internally and externally to support you in delivering a valuable partnership with your partners, including Product, Sales, Pre-Sales, Marketing, Legal, and triangulating with other partners in our ecosystem
- Establish success criteria showing our impact on top of funnel growth and create and maintain effective reporting systems to measure progress to our goals and which actions and events are causing the greatest impact
- Develop community awareness and interest in our partnerships to ensure adoption by ensuring our resources and content are easily accessible for the right audiences in the right places and that MongoDB has a presence at the right industry events and conferences
- 8+ years experience of business development, partnerships, product or program management, with proven examples managing complex, technical initiatives & projects from initiation to completion.
- A degree in Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering related fields or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience driving technical business development from due diligence through negotiations to implementation on complex, bespoke agreements.
- A demonstrated ability to think tactically and strategically
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and strong analytical skills with proven results
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to adapt your style and delivery for a variety of audiences
- In 3 months you will have:
- Ramped up on MongoDB products, customers, and partnerships
- Established relationships with internal cross-functional stakeholders
- Developed an understanding of Web & Application Frameworks and have begun to educate crossfunctional stakeholders on the dynamics of these ecosystems
- In 6 months you will have:
- Established an internal working team and effective communication channels for cross-functional collaboration
- Identified initial partners to prioritize, established our joint value proposition, and began outreach
- In 12 months you will be leading multiple cross-team initiatives and will have shown a meaningful impact to the business’ goals through successful partner collaborations
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
MongoDB’s base salary range for this role is posted below. Compensation at the time of offer is unique to each candidate and based on a variety of factors such as skill set, experience, qualifications, and work location. Salary is one part of MongoDB’s total compensation and benefits package. Other benefits for eligible employees may include: equity, participation in the employee stock purchase program, flexible paid time off, 20 weeks fully-paid gender-neutral parental leave, fertility and adoption assistance, 401(k) plan, mental health counseling, access to transgender-inclusive health insurance coverage, and health benefits offerings. Please note, the base salary range listed below and the benefits in this paragraph are only applicable to U.S.-based candidates.