Senior Software Engineer, Atlas Growth
The worldwide data management software market is massive (According to IDC, the worldwide database software market, which it refers to as the database management systems software market, was forecasted to be approximately $82 billion in 2023 growing to approximately $137 billion in 2027. This represents a 14% compound annual growth rate). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading developer data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join the Atlas Growth Team. You will be responsible for making enhancements to the new user experience of MongoDB Atlas, from registration through connecting to your first MongoDB cluster.
MongoDB Atlas is our database as a service offering and fastest growing product. It allows users to deploy fault-tolerant, secure, globally distributed MongoDB clusters in just minutes.
This role can be based out of the NYC office.
The ideal candidate will
- Have worked on production-grade web applications and be capable of making backend improvements in a compiled language (Java, C#, etc.)
- Have experience with data-driven product development, such as AB testing and tools like Segment, Google Analytics, Appcues, Amplitude, etc. is a big plus
- Always striving to expand their knowledge
- Curious, collaborative and intellectually honest
- Contribute code for customer-facing features
- Work closely with product and marketing team to make improvements to the Atlas funnel and integrate the Atlas front-end with back-end analytics systems
- Pair with Product, Design and Analytics stakeholders to hone the Atlas UX
- Hold yourself accountable to your actions, maintaining the balance between accomplishing goals with research & development
- Own our core values and adhere to them in your work
- Stay up to date with best practices and technologies in web engineering
A Senior Software Engineer will be successful in this role when they
- Are open, honest and willing to contribute and collaborate with others
- Develop confidence in finding their way across the platform
- Can take responsibility for the planning and execution of a major feature, representing Engineering when working with Product and Design
- Are willing to learn and contribute to all parts of the stack
- Are resolute in their approach to problem solving, balancing the needs of their team with the willingness to get to the bottom of issues
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
MongoDB’s base salary range for this role is posted below. Compensation at the time of offer is unique to each candidate and based on a variety of factors such as skill set, experience, qualifications, and work location. Salary is one part of MongoDB’s total compensation and benefits package. Other benefits for eligible employees may include: equity, participation in the employee stock purchase program, flexible paid time off, 20 weeks fully-paid gender-neutral parental leave, fertility and adoption assistance, 401(k) plan, mental health counseling, access to transgender-inclusive health insurance coverage, and health benefits offerings. Please note, the base salary range listed below and the benefits in this paragraph are only applicable to U.S.-based candidates.