Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
The worldwide data management software market is massive (According to IDC, the worldwide database software market, which it refers to as the database management systems software market, was forecasted to be approximately $82 billion in 2023 growing to approximately $137 billion in 2027. This represents a 14% compound annual growth rate). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading developer data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is seeking a Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) to grow our Business Partnering FP&A team. We’re looking for a Manager who will work closely with senior leadership and play a critical role in shaping and managing the global forecasting and planning process. You communicate clearly and are able to successfully juggle multiple priorities. You are a driven self-starter who is able to work with senior leadership comfortably, takes tasks from start to finish and someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced, challenging environment. You are responsive and adapt quickly to change, embrace challenges and champion the advancement of analyses, financial planning tools, systems, and controls.
This will be a hybrid in-office/remote role, and we are looking for candidates who plan to be available in our New York City office for approximately two days per week.
- Business Partnering: Quickly establish positive relationships and become a key advisor for your business partners allowing you to build a solid understanding of business data inputs and outputs
- Forecast Coordination & Modelling: Build and maintain detailed financial and operating models to help predict future performance, perform scenario analyses, and guide the business on strategic decisions. Key models will include the headcount capacity model and other productivity analysis that drive cost efficient outcomes
- Management Reporting: You’ll tell stories (financial ones). Develop reporting to summarize data and facilitate decision-making for senior management including the CEO, CFO, SVP of Finance, and the Board of Directors
- Perform financial month-end close activities, including headcount reconciliations, accruals, journal entries, and budget vs. actuals analysis and reporting
- Monitor key performance indicators, highlighting trends, providing recommendations for improvement, and analyzing causes of unexpected variances
- Partner with departments across the organization to drive operational efficiencies within our cross-functional teams’ processes and systems
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree; finance, business or economics preferred, MBA a plus
- 5+ years of experience within FP&A or other finance functions
- Expert in financial modelling, Google Suite, Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, and Adaptive Insights
- Ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations
- Highly articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Think creatively, are highly driven, and skilled at creating structure in situations that are uncertain or ambiguous within a rapidly growing business
- Highly organised, with incredibly strong project management skills. You will need to be detail oriented, love multi-tasking and have excellent follow through skills
- Demonstrated the ability to roll-up your sleeves and work with team members, driving projects through to completion
- You will be process oriented and enjoy creating process and structure where there may be ambiguity and be skilled at finding creative solutions to non-obvious problems. On any given day, you could find yourself in the operational/tactical details, followed by meetings focused on vision / strategy
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
MongoDB’s base salary range for this role is posted below. Compensation at the time of offer is unique to each candidate and based on a variety of factors such as skill set, experience, qualifications, and work location. Salary is one part of MongoDB’s total compensation and benefits package. Other benefits for eligible employees may include: equity, participation in the employee stock purchase program, flexible paid time off, 20 weeks fully-paid gender-neutral parental leave, fertility and adoption assistance, 401(k) plan, mental health counseling, access to transgender-inclusive health insurance coverage, and health benefits offerings. Please note, the base salary range listed below and the benefits in this paragraph are only applicable to U.S.-based candidates.