Benefits Analyst - California Small Group
🚀 Who we are
Nava Benefits is a modern benefits brokerage on a mission to make great benefits easy. We’re led by a calling that’s focused on more than maximizing profits: bringing high-quality, affordable healthcare to all Americans. Starting with a focus on employers, our approach combines deep industry expertise and tech-forward innovation with an ultimate goal to #fixhealthcare.
Launched by seasoned co-founders, we're a cross-functional, passionate group of experts and disruptors of the system intent on combatting the rising cost and lack of accessibility of American healthcare while also building the industry's most diverse and dynamic place to work. In 2022, Nava was proudly ranked on the Inc. Best Workplaces list and NYC Digital Health 100.
We’re searching for a Benefits Analyst to join our west coast Client Success team and make an immediate impact! This is a remote position but preferred candidates will be based in California and possess current experience owning CA small employer groups (50-99 lives).
🚀 What you’ll do
- #owntheoutcome: support the strategy development, implementation, and renewals of our California employee benefit programs. Own onboarding of new clients and be responsible for maintaining assigned clients BenAdmin systems, vendor relationships and compliance.
- #driveprogressthroughaction: regularly interface with clients and vendors, drive marketing and financial reporting to support RFP and renewal requests. Provide benefit enrollment guidance and ongoing member support as needed.
- #beagreatcopilot: provide strategic and operational support to Client Managers and Partners with servicing client’s by performing both technical and analytical functions on both fully Insured and self-funded clients.
- #createsuperfans: level up our clients employee benefits experience by operating as a member champion and delivering consistent value in every interaction.
🚀 Who will love this job
- A proud advocate – you will be the voice of our customers, while remaining, compassionate, responsive, inventive, and effective
- A teammate thrives in an environment of collaboration and working cross-functionally with various partners to exceed business goals
- A doer can get things done and loves working in a dynamic environment; we move quickly, and we need a teammate who will too
🚀 What you’ll bring
We understand that your experience is more than just a list of requirements, so we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet all of the following bullet points.
- 2-5 years of benefits analyst or related experience within a brokerage setting; Recent experience supporting California employer groups (50-99 lives) required
- Strong knowledge of small group plans, products and financial arrangements
- Strong client service skills with the ability to cultivate relationships with team members and external vendors
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint, Google suite, written and communication skills
🚀 Working at Nava
Founded as a remote-first company, we go out of our way to build and strengthen connections, across teams and around the country. From weekly coffee chats and monthly virtual spacewalks, to quarterly (but optional) in-person team events, our culture thrives on fostering a dynamic and inclusive environment while still allowing team members the autonomy to choose how and where they do their best work.
- As a remote-first company, we offer location-agnostic pay based on NYC benchmarks regardless of where someone is located within the U.S. The base salary range for this role is $70,000 - $85,000 and is based on individual qualifications and experience.
- Stock Options
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance. At the minimum, we cover 85% of premiums for individual plans.
- Flexible spending account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401k with a $1k match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- 12 weeks of paid leave for all new parents + 2 weeks of transition time
- $50/month to go towards a benefit of your choosing that will improve your mental or physical health and more
- Flexible vacation with a two-week minimum
- $1,000 stipend to set up your home office
- $50/month connectivity reimbursement
- And more…
Candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We believe that solving America's healthcare problem requires leveraging America's greatest strength: our diversity. Healthcare affects everyone – and a team that includes people from all backgrounds and walks of life will be more effective at driving change than a homogeneous one. We are excited to build that kind of team at Nava.