Principal Software Architect
Who We Are:
Nuvalence is a next-generation consulting firm helping organizations across all industries design and build best-in-class digital platforms and products. Operating as a strategic partner to clients, we find ways to accelerate innovation by leveraging our technical expertise, strong experience in commercial software design and engineering, AI, and cloud-native practices. Deploying a product-driven approach, we create software solutions that make an impact, empowering our clients to succeed in the digital era and achieve their most ambitious business goals. Nuvalence is a remote-first workforce united by our drive to help solve the world’s most important challenges through impactful software solutions. Our growing team of over 150 developers, designers, product managers, and operations specialists – we hire the best people regardless of where they live, so long as they’re willing to work Eastern Standard Time Zone hours.
As a Nuvalence software architect, you will:
- Work with customer technical leads, client executives, and partners to manage and deliver successful implementations of cloud solutions becoming a trusted advisor to decision makers throughout the engagement.
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to other engineers
- Strive to be at the forefront of new modern technologies and bring them within the larger team
- Ensure the successful engineering delivery of assigned projects and putting hands-on if needed
- Work with the engineering team to package best practices and lessons learned into thought leadership and published assets
- Interact with sales, partners, and customer technical stakeholders to manage project scope, priorities, deliverables, risks/issues, and timelines for successful project outcomes
- Experience building, architecting, designing and implementing highly distributed global cloud-based systems on a major provider such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Ability to communicate in written and spoken form with clients about business needs and translate that into a technical solution
- Excellent knowledge of software design and system architecture
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding consulting, communication, and presentation abilities
Across all of our roles, we look for folks who match the following general profile:
- Passionate about delivering commercial software products and platforms to market
- Deeply technical and constantly in a state of learning
- Able to communicate clearly and efficiently with a variety of audiences including developers, clients, customers, partners and executives
- Fearless in getting “hands-on” with technology and execution
- Strong understanding of modern software engineering processes
- Deep understanding and interest in cloud and distributed systems architectures
- Comfortable with ambiguity with a drive for clarity
- Experience leading and growing technical talent (for software engineering managers)
DEI at Nuvalence:
Our mission is to be champions of a positive culture, embracing an inclusive workplace that promotes equity and values diversity. We support this mission by:
- Investing in and committing to company-wide OKRs that measure DEI progress over time
- Bringing visibility to DEI initiatives through education, advocacy, and recruiting
- Raising awareness about conscious and unconscious bias, and working towards acknowledging bias and reducing its impact
- Making Nuvalence the obvious career choice for technically minded people with diverse perspectives
- Enabling our employees to work with each other as their true selves in an inclusive, comfortable, respectful, and supportive way.
- Weekly DEI working group sessions
- Company ERGs (employee resource groups) and Allies who are passionate in supporting the group members in creating an educated, supportive and inclusive culture.
We're a dynamic work environment with great benefits including:
- 3% 401K company contribution; 100% vested after 90 days
- Extensive Health, Dental and Vision benefits
- Generous remote work stipend for what you need to be successful
- Nuvalence has AWS & GCP partnerships, and we cover trainings and certifications for all employees
- We’re focused on employee growth by providing multiple resources for continuous learning
- Flexible PTO (we have a 3 week minimum policy in fact!) + company paid holidays
- Bi-annual company parties: NYC, Toronto, and more to come!
- Monthly Virtual Team Building Events including: Cooking classes, yoga classes, virtual escape rooms, etc.
- FSA & HRA Accounts
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) : Employer-funded health benefit plan that reimburses employees for out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- FSA Health Care and FSA Dependent Care : Employee-funded accounts used to pay for eligible health and dependent care services.
- Internal learning through bi-weekly knowledge sharing sessions held by our own employees
Salary Transparency (For US based employees only)
- Principal Compensation Bands:
- $215k – $313K USD yearly base