Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA · Remote
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
We are looking for a Sales Engineer to join our growing Sales Engineering team and to be closely involved in the Sales process supporting evaluation and documentation of our customer’s needs pre-contract. In this role, you will run demonstrations during the sales process and serve as a technical expert for Olo’s core products, including Ordering, Dispatch, and Rails. If you are passionate about performing detailed discovery, understanding customers’ future state, and positioning technical solutions to provide real value, we’d love to hear from you!
Reporting to the Associate Director, Sales Engineering, you will be a strategic business partner to Olo’s Emerging Enterprise Account Executives, while providing perspective and customer insights to the organization to help achieve its business objectives. You may also contribute to efforts to standardize and/or evaluate processes around organizational cadence.
You can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. or at Olo’s headquarters in NYC.
What You'll Do
- Own and close the technical win during Olo sales cycles with new and existing customers (upsells)
- Serve as a trusted advisor to our brands and help define and design a high value solution using Olo products and technologies
- Contribute to sales activities such as discovery calls, demos, solution design workshops, RFP/RFIs pilots, and proof of value experiences
- Deliver technical expertise to the deal cycle at the right time to increase conversion
- Build relationships across internal partners including Product, Product Marketing, Customer Success, Engineering, and Sales leaders
- Maintain up-to-date and robust knowledge of Olo’s platform to deliver demonstrations targeted to the opportunity and focused on Olo differentiators
- Capture feature requests and build business cases by collaborating with Product
- Provide technical vetting expertise by applying in-depth knowledge of the sector and Olo’s solutions to validate solution fit and promote best practices
What We'll Expect From You
- 2+ years of Sales Engineering experience at a B2B SaaS company and a proven track record of exceeding targets and metrics
- Experience supporting the Sales or Implementation cycles of SaaS solutions to operations, IT, and marketing functions
- Balance of sales passion and technical skills to foster confidence and excitement in Olo and our products
- Ability to distill complex topics into easy-to-communicate language tailored to your audience
- Ability to build partnerships, grow strong cross-group collaborations, debate respectfully, and lead group agreement
- A solution mindset- you can think quickly and creatively to problem solve
- Experience creating an excellent customer experience and an interest in advocating for customers
- Legally able to work in the United States
Nice to Have
- B2B2C sales experience, or restaurant tech experience
- Experience using CRM tools such as Salesforce
- Experience with Google Workspace/G-Suite in a professional environment
- Experience with data analyzation tools such as Looker or Tableau
- Experience creating flowcharts and diagrams using tools such as Lucidchart, Miro, Visio, Whimsical
Olo is the engine of hospitality powering the restaurant industry's digital transformation. As a leading open SaaS platform, we enable over 600 restaurant brands to jointly reach 85 million connected guests across approximately 84,000 locations. More than two million orders per day run on Olo's platform, allowing brands to maximize the convergence of digital and brick-and-mortar operations while raising the bar on hospitality. The result: brands do more with less and make every guest feel like a regular. With integrations to over 300 technology partners, our customers can build digital experiences with the largest and most flexible restaurant commerce ecosystem on the market. You have likely used Olo and not even known it! Learn more at olo.com.
We’re remote-friendly. Since 2015, we have been evolving our culture to continue to support a more distributed workforce and now over 75% of our team works remotely across the U.S. If you're in the New York City area, you can choose to work remotely or from Olo's headquarters, located in Tribeca.
We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of paid time off, 10 separate sick days, 11 holidays plus year-end closure, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, a 401k match, remote-office stipend, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, volunteer time off, gift matching policy, and more!
Our best estimate of the compensation range for this opportunity is $115k-135k annually depending on the experience you bring and your location. This role is also eligible for incentive compensation. We look forward to discussing your salary expectations and our full total rewards offerings throughout the interview process.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team makes our workplace better. Don't meet every single qualification in the job description? Market data shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, that is free from discrimination and harassment; this allows us to make better decisions and better serve the communities we’re a part of. So if you're excited about this role but your previous experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.