Accounting & Finance
New York, NY, USA · Remote
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2023
At Olo, we develop an online food ordering platform used by many of the country's largest restaurant chains, reaching millions of consumers. Chances are, if you've ordered directly from a restaurant brand's app or website, we've made that happen!
We are looking for an Accounting Director to manage the corporate accounting team, which is responsible for general accounting across all functions and departments. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, you will be responsible for oversight of all general accounting functions and accounting operations. The ideal candidate will have experience in both a public accounting firm and working within the SaaS industry. In addition, the candidate will have a strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP, internal controls, and experience working with auditors.
You can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. or at Olo’s headquarters in NYC.
What You'll Do
- Ensure the monthly close process is managed efficiently and completed within the deadline.
- Conduct a comprehensive review of monthly financial reports/statements.
- Act as the primary contact for internal and external auditors to provide necessary deliverables.
- Oversee accounting operations, including accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Oversee accounting for technical areas, including lease and equity transactions.
- Assist with the exploration and implementation of a new Accounting ERP system.
- Serve as subject matter expert on various accounting topics, including with respect to international expansion and cross-currency transactions.
- Oversee the implementation and monitoring of internal controls.
- Work cross-functionally with an extended finance team to align P&L with forecast and other finance initiatives.
- Identify and drive initiatives to improve financial performance and optimize processes.
- Establish effective partnerships with cross-functional teams/leadership.
- Provide support to Assistant Controller in driving organizational change and improving performance.
What We'll Expect From You
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- CPA certified
- 8-10 years of relevant experience in both public accounting and industry
- Experience in SAAS and related industry
- Excellent verbal and written client facing communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience with Intacct, Coupa, and FloQast is a plus
Olo is the engine of hospitality powering the restaurant industry's digital transformation. As a leading open SaaS platform, we enable over 600 restaurant brands to jointly reach 85 million connected guests across approximately 84,000 locations. More than two million orders per day run on Olo's platform, allowing brands to maximize the convergence of digital and brick-and-mortar operations while raising the bar on hospitality. The result: brands do more with less and make every guest feel like a regular. With integrations to over 300 technology partners, our customers can build digital experiences with the largest and most flexible restaurant commerce ecosystem on the market. You have likely used Olo and not even known it! Learn more at olo.com.
We’re remote-friendly. Since 2015, we have been evolving our culture to continue to support a more distributed workforce and now over 75% of our team works remotely across the U.S. If you're in the New York City area, you can choose to work remotely or from Olo's headquarters, located in Tribeca.
We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of paid time off, 10 separate sick days, 11 holidays plus year-end closure, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, a 401k match, remote-office stipend, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, volunteer time off, gift matching policy, and more!
Our best estimate of the compensation range for this opportunity is $150k-170k annually, depending on the experience you bring and your location. [This role is also eligible for incentive compensation.] We look forward to discussing your salary expectations and our full total rewards offerings throughout the interview process.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team makes our workplace better. Don't meet every single qualification in the job description? Market data shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, that is free from discrimination and harassment; this allows us to make better decisions and better serve the communities we’re a part of. So if you're excited about this role but your previous experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.