Software Engineering Intern
New York, NY, USA · Remote
Posted on Saturday, February 3, 2024
At Olo, we enable restaurant brands to scale online ordering and delivery, make data-driven business decisions, and personalize the guest experience on- and off-premise. Chances are, if you've ordered directly from a restaurant brand's app or website, we've made that happen.
We’re looking for Software Engineering Interns to join a variety of our development teams for a 10 week paid internship from June 3rd to August 9th. You will be managed by an Engineering Manager and paired with a mentor from your team at Olo to experience our dedicated process for delivering products using modern tools and technologies. We aim to deeply collaborate and communicate well. We encourage new ideas and experimentation. No part of the code base is off-limits. We take pride in a neat codebase with automated tests and continuous integration and encourage constant refactoring.
In addition to day-to-day team-based work, you will participate in a capstone project alongside interns from other functions, including Product Management and Design. The capstone project involves devising, designing, and implementing a new set of features for Olo's platform as a team, guided by mentors from across the organization. Past Olo capstones have introduced features which were later incorporated into the platform and released to customers, so it's a great way to make a lasting impact and develop your skill set!
Internship Program structure:
- Weeks 1-8, you will work primarily on your Olo team completing critical project work alongside Olo Engineers and Product teams. Mondays will be spent working with your fellow interns and Capstone Mentors designing a Capstone Project.
- Weeks 9 + 10 are dedicated exclusively to the Capstone.
You can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. or at Olo's headquarters in NYC.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with our developers on creatively solving problems with our existing tech stack
- Contribute ideas for new features and identify areas for improvement proactively
- Act on feedback, coaching, and mentorship from your mentor and team members
- Contribute to team documentation
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution to effectively solve challenges
- Work alongside software engineering intern peers on Olo's Summer intern Capstone Project
What We'll Expect From You
- A passion for computing that extends beyond your studies
- Curiosity with a drive for continuous growth and learning
- Significant coursework or project work in Computer Science (major not required)
- Ability to complete software projects in a team environment
Olo is the engine of hospitality powering the restaurant industry's digital transformation. As a leading open SaaS platform, we enable over 600 restaurant brands to jointly reach 85 million connected guests across approximately 78,000 locations. More than two million orders per day run on Olo's platform, allowing brands to maximize the convergence of digital and brick-and-mortar operations while raising the bar on hospitality. The result: brands do more with less and make every guest feel like a regular. With integrations to over 300 technology partners, our customers can build digital experiences with the largest and most flexible restaurant commerce ecosystem on the market. You have likely used Olo and not even known it! Learn more at olo.com
We’re remote-friendly. Since 2015, we have been evolving our culture to continue to support a more distributed workforce and now over 75% of our team works remotely across the U.S. If you're in the New York City area, you can choose to work remotely or from Olo's headquarters, located in Tribeca.
The compensation for this position is $25/hr for the duration of the internship program, which will run from June 3rd to August 9th.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team makes our workplace better. Don't meet every single qualification in the job description? Market data shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, that is free from discrimination and harassment; this allows us to make better decisions and better serve the communities we’re a part of. So if you're excited about this role but your previous experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.