Director, Strategic Sales
Here at Ooma we empower people to connect in smarter ways. We do this by creating powerful communication experiences through our cloud-based platform to bring people together at work and at home. Our solutions help small business owners stay connected with their customers and manage their businesses from anywhere. For larger companies we provide customized unified communications solutions to meet their unique needs. At home, we help our customers connect with their loved ones by providing the #1 rated VoIP phone service available. We also provide them with peace of mind through our innovative smart home security solution. At Ooma, all our products and services are priced competitively, because we believe advanced technology should be accessible to all.
Director, Strategic Sales
About the Role:
We are seeking a highly experienced and motivated Director, Strategic Sales, to build out a new team of Strategic Account Executives who will be aligned to vertical markets such as Retail, Technology, Financial Services, Large Multinational Enterprises, Large Healthcare, REITs, FED/SLED. In this role, you will be responsible for leading a team and driving revenue growth through the acquisition and retention of large-scale enterprise clients.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in enterprise sales, exceptional leadership skills, and an executive presence.
What You’ll Do:
- Passionately lead, drive and deliver the vision and mission for the Strategic Enterprise vertical business
- Lead and manage a team of strategic enterprise account executives, providing guidance, coaching, and support to maximize their performance and achieve sales targets
- Develop and execute strategic plans to identify and pursue new business opportunities, focusing on large-scale enterprise clients
- Foster strong relationships with key stakeholders, executives, and decision-makers within client organizations to drive successful partnerships and expand business opportunities
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including marketing, product, and customer success, to ensure alignment and maximize customer satisfaction
- Drive revenue growth through the acquisition of new enterprise clients, utilizing a consultative sales approach
- Provide strategic executive leadership for sales forecasting, vertical assignments, sales mentorship, and commission planning
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, market dynamics, and competitive landscape to identify new opportunities and maintain a competitive edge
- Collaborate with senior leadership to develop sales strategies, set goals, and track key performance metrics to measure team and individual success
Experience We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or a related field. MBA or equivalent degree is a plus.
- Proven track record of success in strategic enterprise sales, with a focus on acquiring and growing large-scale accounts
- Strong leadership and people management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a team to achieve exceptional results
- Executive presence and excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to engage and influence key stakeholders at all levels
- Extensive experience in developing and executing strategic sales plans, including pipeline management, forecasting, and revenue generation
- In-depth knowledge of enterprise sales methodologies, account management, and customer relationship management (CRM) systems
- Analytical mindset and the ability to leverage data and insights to drive informed decision-making and optimize sales performance
- Exceptional negotiation and closing skills, with a demonstrated ability to navigate complex sales cycles and win high-value contracts
- Strong business acumen and the ability to understand and articulate the value proposition of products and services to enterprise clients
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt to changing priorities
What We Offer:
Working at Ooma means being a team player, while allowing your individual voice to come through. And, you'll receive competitive compensation, benefits and generous company perks.
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision insurance for you and eligible dependents
- HMO's, a PPO, or HDHP (including HSA, which Ooma helps fund)
- Income Protection Benefits (Basic Life and AD&D, Short- and Long-term disability)
- Commuter benefits
- 401k & employer match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Paid time off, sick days, as well as corporate holidays observed
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Balance benefits with Travel assistance services and Identity theft and will preparation services #LI-CC1