Associate, Virtual Care
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring an Associate to join our Virtual Care team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
The Associate of Virtual Care leads design and optimization initiatives for all programs to support Oscar’s Virtual Care Program. You will work cross functionally with multiple teams including product, data, and clinical to identify areas of operational improvement and to develop standardized processes to address these areas. We ask that you have project management, data analysis, and strong communications skills with the ability to balance multiple initiatives across the organization.
You will report to the Associate Director, Virtual Care
Oscar is a blended work culture where everyone, regardless of work type or location, feels connected to their teammates, our culture and our mission.
If you live within commutable distance to our New York City office ( in Hudson Square), our Tempe office (off the 101 at University Ave), or our Los Angeles office (in Marina Del Rey), you will be expected to come into the office at least two days each week. Otherwise, this is a remote / work-from-home role.
You must reside in one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, or Washington, D.C. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
The base pay for this role in the states of California, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, and Washington is: $98,400 - $129,150 per year. The base pay for this role in all other locations is: $88,560 - $116,235 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, participation in Oscar’s unlimited vacation and annual performance bonuses.
- Leads the quantitative analysis and end to end implementation of projects including project plan creation, on time completion and stakeholder management.
- Monitor and ensure departmental metrics are on track by creating, analyzing and interpreting data and assisting in the development of new metrics or mitigation strategies
- Partner with clinical, product and data teams to identify efficiency opportunities through process optimization or automation
- Mentors team members and promotes colleagues’ growth and professional development
- Compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of experience in program management and process improvement
- 2+ years of experience in delivering projects / programs independently and within a team environment
- Experience with Excel/Google Sheets
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements in programs
- Experience / background in a fast-paced operations environment
- Healthcare experience (Health Insurance, Health Systems, or Healthcare Consulting)
- Master’s Degree
- Lean/Six Sigma Certifications
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.