Director, Customer Success
Who we are. . .
Pearl Health is restoring the independence and joy of practicing medicine for doctors in the United States. Our healthcare system has burdened our doctors with too much process, while removing them from what they do best: caring for those we love most. We are a team of physicians and public health experts (Stanford, Dartmouth, Harvard, Mass. General), technologists (athenahealth, Apple, Amazon, Meta, Flatiron, WalMart Health), healthcare innovators (Oscar, Aledade, VillageMD, Stellar, Arcadia) and experienced risk management professionals (CVS/Aetna, Humana, Cigna, United) who believe that primary care providers (PCPs) are the key to the United States’ future health. Pearl recently announced a strategic partnership to proliferate value-based care with Walgreens, one of the largest healthcare companies in the country. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz, Viking Global Investors, AlleyCorp, and SV Angel.
Pearl Health helps PCPs who are overwhelmed by the demands of an aging population and the unpredictable business model inherent to Traditional Medicare. Over time, this solution will empower PCPs to provide better care to their entire patient population. We believe there is a need to bring humanism back to healthcare by giving physicians the ability to better allocate their time with patients, increasing their autonomy, creating incentives that are aligned with achieving better outcomes through clinical decision-making powered by actionable intelligence, and making risk more available and more readily optimized through an intelligent marketplace. The Center for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) is launching a new value-based care program to disrupt Traditional Medicare, and we believe that this represents an opportunity to achieve the meaningful change we envision.
Who you are . . .
We are seeking a stellar Customer Success Director, experienced in engaging with physician practices and health systems in a value-based care context and eager to help our current customer base succeed in the ACO REACH model and beyond. The Customer Success Director will be responsible for engaging with signed customers throughout their journey with Pearl: program onboarding and Pearl Product implementation, transformation to a value based environment, and programmatic success by investigating and creating alignment with provider internal operations and program objectives.
As you come up to speed, you will own the development of relationships and performance of Pearl’s small-midsize Primary Care provider customers, enabling ACO REACH program fluency, propelling client delight and satisfaction activities that define our service model, driving performance in value-based care, and securing contractual renewal as applicable. The Customer Success Director will be accountable for driving superior REACH performance across all assigned customers, while maintaining a best-in-class Net Promoter Score.
You will partner with Data Science, Performance, and Clinical Operations teams to develop strategies based on performance analysis of customers, and collaborate with customers to design actionable practice transformation plans and implement appropriate performance improvement initiatives to assist the customer in achieving performance goals.
Your commitment to delivering better outcomes for patients and rewards for Pearl’s customers will be contagious in the regions that you serve. A familiarity, passion, and willingness to create unprecedented possibilities offered by value-based care programs would make you an ideal candidate.
While this will be a remote position, in-person engagement with customers will be critical and some travel is required (up to 25%).
To be successful in this role you will:
- Act as people manager for small-midsize provider relationship managers in up-leveling approach to enablement at scale.
- Act as escalation point to resolve any small to midsize provider challenges, drive significant partnership opportunities, or establish resourcing plan to address significant performance objectives.
- Be accountable for network performance, and development of remediation plans for provider performance across assigned clients, deploying those plans in a high-touch or low-touch manner where appropriate.
- Partner with Operations, Finance, Growth, Product, Data Science and Actuarial teams to drive renewal contract execution supporting performance roadmaps and distinct improvement plans as applicable.
- Demonstrate aptitude for relationship building, proactive issue resolution, and creating an exceptional experience for our providers.
- Oversee education and deployment of technology tools supporting practice transformation, and integration of technology tools into customer workflows across assigned relationships.
- Use data to identify cost drivers and work with Pearl partners and Preferred Providers to develop optimal referral, care management, and admission avoidance strategies, contributing to customer performance.
- Work across the organization to ensure successful implementation of critical projects on behalf of your assigned customer-base.
- Execute flawlessly on bespoke onboarding and performance management strategy unique to small to midsize provider customers.
Who you are…
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years of experience in clinical transformation, improving clinical quality, network contracting and development, or other relevant provider-facing field. Experience at an ACO, or tech enablement company is a plus.
- Experience in interpreting and utilizing clinical data analytics, outcomes measurements, and designing internal dashboarding to drive change and resource allocation
- Demonstrated experience implementing clinical transformation initiatives designed to help provider groups achieve delivery transformation goals (experience implementing in a hospital system preferred)
- Experience preparing and presenting information to clinical and executive level leadership
- Willingness to travel for face to face meetings
- Enterprise level provider management experience preferred
- Track record scaling a team, function, or service capability required
- A passion for improving and optimizing relationships
- Excited about helping physicians and impacting Medicare patient outcomes
- Facilitate successful collaboration across all levels of management within enterprise client and relevant Pearl stakeholders
- Demonstrated success and depth of knowledge in aligning internal capabilities with small-midsize provider business, tech, and product priorities, and positioning relative to competitors.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Our definition of diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. We believe all of our colleague’s points of view are integral to our success, and that inclusion is everyone's responsibility and a cause of beautiful things.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and are committed to a fair hiring process free from discrimination and focused around problem solving, improvement, and mutual empowerment.
We are a remote-first company, with a concentration of team members at our NYC headquarters and in the Boston area.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range Pearl Health expects to pay for this position is between $140,000-$175,000 per year. Full time employees are also eligible for annual discretionary bonus. Where a given candidate falls within that range will depend on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, the candidate’s relevant skills, experience and location, labor market conditions and participation, if any, in other compensation arrangements. Pearl Health provides its employees a competitive benefit package - for more information please review our benefits page.
We are not currently working with contingency search firms. If a resume is submitted to any Pearl Health employee by a third party without a valid written and signed search agreement, it will become the property of Pearl Health and no fee will be paid, irrespective of whether the candidate is hired.