Associate / Senior Associate, Enterprise Partnerships
Who we are. . .
Pearl Health is restoring the independence and joy of practicing medicine for doctors in the United States. Our healthcare system has burdened our doctors with too much process, while removing them from what they do best: caring for those we love most. We are a team of physicians and public health experts (Stanford, Dartmouth, Harvard, Mass. General), technologists (athenahealth, Apple, Amazon, Meta, Flatiron, WalMart Health), healthcare innovators (Oscar, Aledade, VillageMD, Stellar, Arcadia) and experienced risk management professionals (CVS/Aetna, Humana, Cigna, United, Bridgewater) who believe that primary care providers (PCPs) are the key to the United States’ future health. Pearl recently announced a strategic partnership to proliferate value-based care with Walgreens, one of the largest healthcare companies in the country. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz, Viking Global Investors, AlleyCorp, and SV Angel.
Pearl Health helps PCPs who are overwhelmed by the demands of an aging population and the unpredictable business model inherent to Medicare. Over time, this solution will empower PCPs to provide better care to the country. We believe there is a need to bring humanism back to healthcare by giving physicians the ability to better allocate their time with patients, increasing their autonomy, creating incentives that are aligned with achieving better outcomes through clinical decision-making powered by actionable intelligence, and making risk more available and more readily optimized through an intelligent marketplace.
The role. . .
Our Enterprise Partnerships Associates accelerate the expansion of our provider network, focused on generating qualified opportunities in designated markets that convert into Participating Providers in Medicare’s ACO REACH program, driving opportunities to successful close with support from internal subject-matter experts, Growth team leaders, and executive support.
As an Enterprise Partnership Associate, you will spearhead the early development of relationships with organizations managing large Primary Care Providers across the US, educating leadership on the benefits of value-based care broadly, the ACO REACH programs specifically, and how Pearl can help them succeed in stabilizing their revenue and participating in the value they create by effectively managing their patient panels.
This position requires the ability to make cold outreach to enterprise provider prospects, large integrated medical groups, community hospitals and large health systems and, concisely communicate with upper C-Level stakeholders, and walk them through sophisticated performance analyses and nuanced regulatory questions. You will exceed baseline performance metrics, understand the local dynamics of your assigned markets, and stay thoroughly informed on healthcare industry trends. A familiarity, passion, and willingness to dig into the possibilities offered by value-based care programs would make you an ideal candidate.
To be successful in this role you will…..
- Engage a market of prospective enterprise providers (primarily, large primary care and multispecialty physician medical group prospects; secondarily, Community Hospitals, ACO, CINs, IPAs/MSOs. and health system prospects) across communication channels (e.g. phone calls, email, fax, and other targeted campaigns).
- Build, manage, execute against targeting methodology, prospect funnel, relationships with key targets (especially large physician and hospital groups) to achieve key performance indicators
- Coordinate meetings with key stakeholders and prospective organizations.
- Demonstrate aptitude for relationship building and creating an exceptional experience for our providers.
- Design and improve the communication modules, outreach mechanisms, and rewards that further engagement with our provider partners
- Use database, CRM, or other software to meticulously track progress with opportunities as you manage your markets.
- Identify local and market-specific insights and willingness to travel to assigned geographies for live prospecting
- Attend networking events, community events, and conferences to generate awareness and produce sales leads with positive ROI
- Perform calculations and leverage analytics to provide prospects and existing partners with forecasted performance metrics
Who you are. . .
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 1-4 years of experience in sales and/or business development in the enterprise/large physician group space. Experience in healthcare, value based care, and/or ACO programs is a plus.
- You are relentless but patient. You are constantly hunting for prospects, but also understand that the contracting cycle requires lots of touches with potential partners.
- Experience owning an annual quota and utilizing sales CRM to manager and track
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- A passion for improving and optimizing relationships
- Excited about helping physicians
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Our definition of diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. We believe all of our colleague’s points of view are integral to our success, and that inclusion is everyone's responsibility and a cause of beautiful things.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and are committed to a fair hiring process free from discrimination and focused around problem solving, improvement, and mutual empowerment.
We are a remote-first company, with a concentration of team members at our NYC headquarters and in the Boston area.
Compensation and Benefits
The on-target compensation range Pearl Health expects to pay for this position is between $60,000-$117,000 per year. Where a given candidate falls within that range will depend on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, the candidate’s relevant skills, experience and location, labor market conditions and participation, if any, in other compensation arrangements. Pearl Health provides its employees a competitive benefit package - for more information please review our benefits page.
We are not currently working with contingency search firms. If a resume is submitted to any Pearl Health employee by a third party without a valid written and signed search agreement, it will become the property of Pearl Health and no fee will be paid, irrespective of whether the candidate is hired.