Senior Software Engineer
Pilot is a modern connectivity company based in New York City. We deliver fiber-optic internet and network services to businesses with no contracts, backed by a 100% uptime guarantee and 24/7 proactive support.
We're a passionate, close-knit team that believes businesses have more important things to worry about than their internet connection. Our top priority is enabling extraordinary work across all industries with connectivity solutions that are adaptive, agile, and designed with the customer in mind.
ON A TYPICAL DAY YOU’LL
- Partner with technical and non-technical teams across Pilot to design and implement software components, systems, and features
- Design, document, and develop efficient microservices to facilitate company-wide process optimization
- Build integrations between internal systems, external APIs and SaaS platforms
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Someone well versed in object oriented design principles and design patterns
- Minimum of 7+ years work experience of relevant experience in Computer Science or related technical field
- Demonstrated experience conceptualizing projects and driving them forward
- Excellent communicator with a track record of working cross-functionally and coordinating teams to achieve results
- Expertise with relational database design; experience with time series databases a plus (Prometheus, InfluxDB)
- Experience in microservice design, development and deployment using infrastructure tools like Kubernetes, Jenkins, Jaeger, AWS EC2/RDS, and Docker
- Desire to understand the business and its needs and a track record of applying technical knowledge to those problems
- Understanding of Linux operating systems and fluent shell user
- Experience with Salesforce Development, Envoy, gRPC, Typescript, VueJS, and/or Grafana a plus
PILOT’S PAY & PERKS
- Base salary of $165,000 - $185,000
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Company-sponsored 401(k)
- Commuter & Wellness Reimbursement
- Competitive PTO
At Pilot, we believe differences make us stronger, and that our diversity is something to celebrate. Pilot hires without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (and pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Pilot Fiber, Inc. is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to a Pilot Fiber, Inc. employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, and no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by Pilot Fiber, Inc. as a result of the referral or through other means.
VISA SPONSORSHIP NOT AVAILABLE