Regional Vice President of PBM Sales, Mid-Atlantic
The candidate will work remote and reside in one of the following states:
MI, OH, PA, WV, VA, MD, DE, DC
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Regional Vice President of PBM Sales, Mid-Atlantic is a member of the Rightway Commercial team reporting into the Head of Sales. Our innovative, full-stack pharmacy benefit management (PBM) offering represents an important growth area for Rightway. Through modern technology, concierge pharmacist guidance and a fully aligned pricing model, Rightway is improving the member experience and helping clients better manage pharmacy spend to make drugs more affordable for their employees and dependents.
The RVP of PBM Sales is responsible for directly selling our PBM solution to self-funded employers by developing channel relationships, sourcing new client prospects internally and externally, as well as managing the sales process from start to finish. This role will have a direct impact on the overall growth and success of Rightway to help further our mission of being a category defining Healthcare Technology company.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Call on self-funded employer groups, third party administrators, brokers, consultants and coalitions to sell our pharmacy benefit management (PBM) solution for the assigned territory
- Collaborate with the Head of Sales and Chief Commercial Officer to develop and execute a direct to prospect strategy
- Identify potential new clients, manage discovery and solution development process, make pricing recommendations, draft and deliver proposals, lead and organize finalist presentations
- Drive the RFP process to analyze client needs and solution fit, contribute to preparation and positioning the company to win
- Build and maintain key prospect and channel relationships; including sourcing, organizing, and leading consultant and prospective client meetings at a frequency based upon agreed activity metrics
- Provide background and insight about prospective opportunities to internal sales support teams and commercial leadership
- Work collaboratively with internal departments such as underwriting, marketing, strategic partnerships, product, implementation and customer success teams to develop go to market strategies and efficiencies to successfully onboard new clients
- Finalize contract terms and support the accurate translation of the proposal into contractual agreement
- Use Salesforce.com to track and report sales activities to company leaders
- Participate and attend business events, conferences, trade shows and seminars
WHO YOU ARE:
- Home Based and domiciled within MI, OH, PA, WV, VA, MD, DE, DC
- Willing to travel ~30% depending on the needs of the territory and selling cycle
- 5+ years PBM sales and/or account management experience
- 2+ years PBM direct-to-employer/TPA/broker sales experience
- 2+ years managing consultant & broker relationships
- Proven track record within PBM sales and/or upsells driving year-over-year profitable growth and client retention
- Strong independent accountability showcasing follow-up and follow-through skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of employer, TPA, broker and consultant sales
- Current and substantive knowledge of PBM competitors
- Proficiencies in Google suite, Microsoft office, salesforce and other industry related software
- Direct PBM sales experience and demonstrated success
- Location in PA, OH or DC
- PharmD or RPh
SALARY (BEFORE COMMISSION POTENTIAL): $160,000/yr
Rightway is on a mission to harmonize healthcare for everyone, everywhere. Our products guide patients to the best care and medications by inserting clinicians and pharmacists into a patient’s care journey through a modern, mobile app. Rightway is a front door to healthcare, giving patients the tools they need along with on-demand access to Rightway health guides, human experts that answer their questions and manage the frustrating parts of healthcare for them.
Since its founding in 2017, Rightway has raised over $130mm from investors including Khosla Ventures, Thrive Capital, and Tiger Global at a valuation of $1 billion. We’re headquartered in New York City, with satellite offices in Miami and Denver. Our clients rely on us to transform the healthcare experience, improve outcomes for their teams, and decrease their healthcare costs.
HOW WE LIVE OUR VALUES TO OUR TEAMMATES:
We’re seeking those with passion for healthcare and relentless devotion to our goal. We need team members that embody our following core values:
1) We are human, first
Our humanity binds us together. We bring the same empathetic approach to every individual we engage with, whether it be our members, our clients, or each other. We are all worthy of respect and understanding and we engage in our interactions with care and intention. We honor our stories. We listen to—and hear—each other, we celebrate our differences and similarities, we are present for each other, and we strive for mutual understanding.
2) We redefine what is possible
We always look beyond the obstacles in front of us to imagine new solutions. We approach our work with inspiration from other industries, other leaders, and other challenges. We use ingenuity and resourcefulness when faced with tough problems.
3) We debate then commit
We believe that a spirit of open discourse is part of a healthy culture. We understand and appreciate different perspectives and we challenge our assumptions. When working toward a decision or a new solution, we actively listen to one another, approach it with a “yes, and” mentality, and assume positive intent. Once a decision is made, we align and champion it as one team.
4) We cultivate grit
Changing healthcare doesn’t happen overnight. We reflect and learn from challenges and approach the future with a determination to strive for better. In the face of daunting situations, we value persistence. We embrace failure as a stepping stone to future success. On this journey, we seek to act with guts, resilience, initiative, and tenacity.
5) We seek to delight
Healthcare is complicated and personal. We work tirelessly to meet the goals of our clients while also delivering the best experience to our members. We recognize that no matter the role or team, we each play a crucial part in our members’ care and take that responsibility seriously. When faced with an obstacle, we are kind, respectful, and solution-oriented in our approach. We hold ourselves accountable to our clients and our members’ success.
Rightway is a healthcare company looking to improve healthcare outcomes for everyone, everywhere. With that in mind, we have to consider what is good for the health of our team, the company, and the communities we operate in. As such, Rightway has determined a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees, in combination with other safety precautions, is the best way forward.
Rightway is PROUDLY an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes in strength in the diversity of thought processes, beliefs, background and education and fosters an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated to drive the best business decisions possible. We do not discriminate on any basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the consideration of merit, qualifications, need and performance.