Pharmacy Technician, Navigation
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This position provides additional PBM operational experience as we grow our Pharmacy Navigation team to scale with new memberships. This role will be key in supporting our Clinical Pharmacists to deliver on the “pharmacist in the family” approach to engaging our members. We are looking for an experienced certified pharmacy technician to engage with our members in a caring and empathetic manner. Written and verbal communication skills will be critical when interacting with members on the phone, via email, and via the chat function on the Rightway app. A willingness to go the extra mile to provide outstanding customer service is an essential requirement of this role.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Serve as direct member and provider contact for pharmacy benefit information, prior authorization requests, and navigation support. Inquiries may be received by telephone, chat, fax, email, or written correspondence
- Fields questions from members, human resources departments, pharmacies, and providers related to mail order, benefit design, formulary coverage and cost of medication, prior authorization criteria, claims adjudication and ensures individual’s questions and issues are resolved
- Supports Clinical Pharmacists in patient and provider outreaches, including scheduling of appointments between members and pharmacists, enrollment of members into Rightway clinical programs, medication adherence support, and other administrative tasks
- Assists in ensuring all operating and productivity standards are met, which may include conducting quality reviews of calls, chats, and documentation notes to identify opportunities for improvement
WHO YOU ARE:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-2 years’ experience in a pharmacy technician role within a PBM, pharmacy department of a health plan, or similar managed care setting. Or 1-2 year’s experience working in a mail order or specialty pharmacy
- Active Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
- Detail-oriented, adaptable, critical thinker, empathetic, ability to dig deep in understanding an issue to get to true root cause and resolution, desire to improve a patient’s healthcare experience and provide concierge level service
- Knowledge of pharmacy claims adjudication and benefit designs/terminology, ability to multi-task and prioritize work, ability to work independently
Rightway is on a mission to harmonize healthcare for everyone, everywhere. Our products guide patients to the best care and medications by inserting clinicians and pharmacists into a patient’s care journey through a modern, mobile app. Rightway is a front door to healthcare, giving patients the tools they need along with on-demand access to Rightway health guides, human experts that answer their questions and manage the frustrating parts of healthcare for them.
Since its founding in 2017, Rightway has raised over $130mm from investors including Khosla Ventures, Thrive Capital, and Tiger Global at a valuation of $1 billion. We’re headquartered in New York City, with a satellite office in Denver. Our clients rely on us to transform the healthcare experience, improve outcomes for their teams, and decrease their healthcare costs.
HOW WE LIVE OUR VALUES TO OUR TEAMMATES:
We’re seeking those with passion for healthcare and relentless devotion to our goal. We need team members that embody our following core values:
1) We are human, first
Our humanity binds us together. We bring the same empathetic approach to every individual we engage with, whether it be our members, our clients, or each other. We are all worthy of respect and understanding and we engage in our interactions with care and intention. We honor our stories. We listen to—and hear—each other, we celebrate our differences and similarities, we are present for each other, and we strive for mutual understanding.
2) We redefine what is possible
We always look beyond the obstacles in front of us to imagine new solutions. We approach our work with inspiration from other industries, other leaders, and other challenges. We use ingenuity and resourcefulness when faced with tough problems.
3) We debate then commit
We believe that a spirit of open discourse is part of a healthy culture. We understand and appreciate different perspectives and we challenge our assumptions. When working toward a decision or a new solution, we actively listen to one another, approach it with a “yes, and” mentality, and assume positive intent. Once a decision is made, we align and champion it as one team.
4) We cultivate grit
Changing healthcare doesn’t happen overnight. We reflect and learn from challenges and approach the future with a determination to strive for better. In the face of daunting situations, we value persistence. We embrace failure as a stepping stone to future success. On this journey, we seek to act with guts, resilience, initiative, and tenacity.
5) We seek to delight
Healthcare is complicated and personal. We work tirelessly to meet the goals of our clients while also delivering the best experience to our members. We recognize that no matter the role or team, we each play a crucial part in our members’ care and take that responsibility seriously. When faced with an obstacle, we are kind, respectful, and solution-oriented in our approach. We hold ourselves accountable to our clients and our members’ success.
Rightway is a healthcare company looking to improve healthcare outcomes for everyone, everywhere. With that in mind, we have to consider what is good for the health of our team, the company, and the communities we operate in. As such, Rightway has determined a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees, in combination with other safety precautions, is the best way forward.
Rightway is PROUDLY an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes in strength in the diversity of thought processes, beliefs, background and education and fosters an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated to drive the best business decisions possible. We do not discriminate on any basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the consideration of merit, qualifications, need and performance.