Database Administrator - (TS/SCI) GovCloud
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Lead Database Administrator GovCloud -TS/SCI with Polygraph required
On site in Northern Virginia
PLEASE NOTE: Qualification for this job is contingent upon acceptable results from a background investigation as well as your obtaining and maintaining the specific level U.S. government background investigation required for this role.
Are you a database expert, passionate about building technology that supports staggering growth and innovation? Join the teams that build the critical services that keep our databases and applications running smoothly. You will help deliver game-changing technology that will enable capacity management through scalable, intelligent data migration. We are looking for exceptional developers at all levels to take on big challenges and innovate on our database technology.
- Lead design and development of the core database system functionalities
- Come up with innovative ideas to improve performance and scalability in a large-scale platform
- Implement comprehensive functional and system-test for your area of responsibility and for overall database quality
- Debug, conduct root cause analysis, diagnose defects
- Actively participate in the release and deployment process
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Expertise in Database Administration and Engineering with one or more of the following technologies MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, AWS, Redshift, EC2, NoSQL databases
- Experience with object-oriented programming in any of the following languages: C#, Ruby, Go, Scala, Python
- Experience building a high-performance large-scale platform
- Perform DBA tasks in Production, Testing, and Development environments, such as Monitoring, Security, Performance Tuning, Authentication, Capacity Planning, Troubleshooting
- Experience in a Linux cloud environment with fluency in command line interfaces and shell scripting Bash, Shell
- Strong understanding of data structures, design patterns, concurrency, and scalability
- Strong understanding of schema design and SQL development
- Strong experience in Query analysis, Design, and Optimization
- Experience scaling complex relational database systems
- Develop scalable, resilient and fault tolerant transactional and distributed systems
- Experience developing test automation frameworks for complex systems
- Prior experience Deploying in the Cloud with GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Experience with database catalog, upgrade, query execution, query optimization
- Open source community contribution and involvement.
- Experience with highly concurrent multi-threaded/multi-process data structures and design
- Performance measurement, analysis, and optimization
- Experience with LSM Tree base databases and storage systems like Apache Bookkeeper, LevelDB, Cassandra, or HBase
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.