ML Software Engineer
Software Engineering, Data Science
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
SeekAI is looking for an experienced machine learning software engineer to join our team and help us develop and deploy large-scale language models (LLMs) to power our product. We are a well-funded startup backed by top-tier VCs that is growing rapidly. Our company is headquartered in NYC and we meet once per week to co-work in person. We also work remotely with folks outside of NYC.
You will be responsible for training and creating inference infrastructure that supports commercial and private/in-house LLMs. If you have a strong enthusiasm for pushing the frontiers of artificial intelligence and a determined commitment to creating a significant influence, then this presents itself as the ideal opportunity
- Design and implement large-scale data pipelines that power our NLP engines
- Optimize ML pipelines to ensure accuracy and reliability
- Enhance inference infrastructure for ML models to reduce serving cost and latency while maintaining SeekAI’s SLAs
- Continuously improve commercial and private LLM performance and accuracy
The ideal candidate for this role should possess the following:
- Proven experience (3-5 years) with ML production systems, especially those that employ NLP models/LLMs
- Strong programming (e.g., Python) and software engineering skills in ML/NLP frameworks and tools such as Pytorch, Huggingface Transformers, amd Deepspeed
- Solid background in algorithms, data structures, and functional programming
- Experience working with cloud technology stack (eg. AWS or GCP) and developing machine learning models in a cloud environment
- Exposure to systems engineering
- Demonstrates a strong sense of enthusiasm and autonomy, as we navigate technical challenges for a fast-paced startup environment
- Relentless curiosity for intricate challenges and finding effective solutions
What You Can Expect:
Our advisors are some of the most successful entrepreneurs in NYC and the Silicon Valley and they meet with us regularly to provide mentorship and connections as we grow Seek. As an early team member of Seek, you will have the opportunity to shape and scale a business pushing the envelope of NLP and building world-changing technology.
Healthy Company Culture
We're a results-driven organization. We don't care where you work or how many hours you put in as long as you get things done.
Health, vision, and dental insurance
Take vacations, sick days, and mental health days when you need them--it's that simple
This role may be performed fully remotely within the United States. Please note that our US headquarters are located in NYC. If the remote work is performed outside of these offices, income may be subject to New York State tax withholding.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer