VP, Solutions Engineering
Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs with a passion for transforming data to drive real-world results. We are building a best-in-class enterprise Customer Data Platform that empowers marketers to create personalized data-driven experiences for the customers. We’re scrappy problem solvers who believe in tackling big challenges with disruptive thinking and giving our customers the support they need to deliver great next-generation experiences at scale.
At Simon, we firmly believe that business success starts and ends with people. We all do our best work when we are surrounded by other friendly top performers who want to succeed together. This attitude is core to our values. When you trust your team, invest in their development, and give them ownership, great things happen.
We’re looking for a VP of Solutions Engineering to join our leadership team at Simon Data. In this role, you will be responsible for leading and developing our technical pre-sales and post-sales solutioning teams. As the VP of Solutions Engineering, you will be responsible for overseeing the development, implementation, and delivery of innovative solutions that meet our customers' complex technical needs. You will lead a team of talented pre and post sales technical experts, work together with sales and account management and partner closely with product and engineering.
What You’ll Do
- Own technical delivery across the entire customer lifecycle from pre-sales to implementation to full platform adoption.
- Provide strong leadership and mentorship to a team of Sales Engineers and Solutions Architects, fostering a high-performance culture and promoting collaboration.
- Drive continuous improvement in solution engineering processes, methodologies, and tools.
- Work closely with the Sales team to understand customer requirements, pain points, and business objectives, and translate them into effective solution strategies.
- Lead the design and development of comprehensive technical solutions that address customer challenges and align with our product offerings.
- Ensure the successful delivery of solutions, overseeing project scoping, resource allocation, timelines, and quality assurance.
- Act as a trusted advisor to key customers, providing technical expertise, understanding their business needs, and presenting solutions effectively.
- Partner with the Sales team in pre-sales activities, including solution presentations, demonstrations, and proposal development.
- Maintain strong relationships with existing customers, driving customer satisfaction, retention, and identifying opportunities for upselling or cross-selling.
- Partner with Product Development teams to provide customer insights, feedback, and recommendations for product enhancements or new features.
- Work closely with Customer Success teams to ensure smooth handoff of solutions and provide ongoing support when needed.
- Collaborate with Marketing teams to develop compelling collateral, case studies, and thought leadership content.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and competitive landscape in the solutions engineering domain.
- Utilize market insights to identify new business opportunities and provide strategic recommendations to senior leadership.
- 10+ years of experience in solutions engineering, technical pre-sales, or a similar customer-facing role within the technology industry
- Experience in pre-sales with exposure to post-sales implementations
- Experience in complex platform-based SaaS solutions in Martech or data infrastructure
- Experience scaling enterprise SaaS business from $20M to north of $50M
- Strong leadership skills with a track record of building and managing high-performing teams
- Capability and desire to act as a player coach and expertise in setting up a function
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Deep understanding of enterprise software solutions, cloud technologies, and software development lifecycles
- Bachelor's in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field
What We Offer
- 100% coverage of medical premiums for employee AND family
- Flexible PTO
- Generous Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Remote work, quarterly wellness, and client support stipends
- Professional Development stipend
In compliance with the state and city salary transparency requirements, the potential salary for this position is from $225,000 to $250,000 which represents a range commensurate with experience.
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.