Senior Software Engineer - Support Team
Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs with a passion for transforming data to drive real-world results. We are building a best-in-class enterprise Customer Data Platform that empowers marketers to create personalized data-driven experiences for the customers. We’re scrappy problem solvers who believe in tackling big challenges with disruptive thinking and giving our customers the support they need to deliver great next-generation experiences at scale.
At Simon, we firmly believe that business success starts and ends with people. We all do our best work when we are surrounded by other friendly top performers who want to succeed together. This attitude is core to our values. When you trust your team, invest in their development, and give them ownership, great things happen.
Simon Data is currently looking for a skilled Software Engineer to join our dynamic Technical Support team. If you possess a creative mindset, thrive on tackling complex challenges, and are eager to experiment with new technologies to solve problems, then we encourage you to read on. As a member of the Technical Support Software Engineering team, you will have the opportunity to work on exciting engineering projects that significantly impact the growth of a startup. Your primary responsibilities will involve resolving system bugs and working on projects to stabilize the platform. At Simon, you will be exposed to a modern technology stack and have the chance to work on a diverse range of projects that will enhance your engineering skills and accelerate your professional development.
What You’ll Do
- Conduct analysis and organization of unprocessed data.
- Assess business goals and objectives.
- Fix bugs in the platform
- Establish a testing environment for efficient code testing and verification.
- Work on a new deployment and feature dashboard to improve user experience.
- Explore methods to improve data accuracy and consistency.
- Work on ways to improve the stability of the product.
- Write unit tests to validate the stability of the platform.
- Submit Canvases for product improvements.
- Work closely with senior TSE members and the engineering team to design and implement innovative solutions for delivering high-quality, defect-free products to customers.
We are seeking individuals who are launching their careers in engineering and seeking a long-term commitment as full-stack engineers within our company. While technical expertise can be developed through on-the-job training, we prefer applicants who possess the following:
- Proficiency in Python
- Moderate understanding of SQL
- Keen attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Excellent analytical skills and a passion for all things related to data.
- Experience with Django
- Experience with AWS
- Must be proficient in English
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.