Sales Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2023
We're hiring our first Sales Development Representative to help us accelerate our sales growth and drive revenue. Sales Development Representatives will be the foundation of the sales process at Slang, and you will play a major role in shaping the culture of the sales team and creating processes that will scale for many future reps. As we rapidly expand our sales team, this role will be crucial to helping us move faster by serving as the conversation starter for prospective customers including inbound and outbound channels. The primary focus of Slang’s Sales Development Representative is to generate new business opportunities by building a pipeline of qualified leads and scheduling sales calls.
- Utilize cold calls, email, social networking platforms, and other channels to generate new sales opportunities
- Book meetings and calls between prospective customers and Account Executives
- Identify the needs of prospects and communicate those pain points to Account Executives
- Achieve key activity (e.g., calls, emails, meetings set) and other performance metrics
- Collaborate with Slang’s Head of Marketing, VP of Sales, and Account Executives to create and execute lead generation campaigns
- One or more years of experience in SaaS sales
- Strong verbal (phone) and written (email) communication skills
- Proven track record of exceeding targets
- Strong desire and ability to move up within a sales organization
- Comfortable wearing many hats and operating in an ambiguous environment
- Experience in the restaurants, ecommerce, or hospitality space
- Experience with Hubspot or Salesforce
- Start up experience
Healthcare fully compensated
Calling a business shouldn’t feel like a robot-hostage situation, where you’re forced to listen to horrible music and can't reach a human, while enduring a soulless voice uttering "I'm sorry I didn't quite get that" on repeat for eternity. (shudder) That’s why we started Slang.ai. We use the latest AI and audio wizardry to make transacting via voice so enjoyable it’s more human than human. By 2030, we will save businesses and consumers 1 billion minutes of precious time while transforming voice channels into the preferred mode of communication (it's faster and easier than text).
We have backgrounds building product at companies like Spotify, Buzzfeed, the New York Times, and OpenTable —shipping experiences that have reached hundreds of millions of users. Now, we’re using our backgrounds to start a new culture, one that puts product and human-centered design above all else while fostering constant learning and growth. Sound like something you’d like to be part of? Get on board.
Build for better. If it doesn't make life better, we don't build it. We're obsessed with the experience of not just our end-users and their customers, but also our employees and anyone affected by what we create.
Collaborate playfully. You won't find any downers here. We don’t have a tiny violin. We're all on the same team, and we act like it. We support each other, joke around (appropriately), and keep our egos in low orbit. We dance when the music isn't playing and invite others to join.
Keep growing. Growth requires an environment that encourages it and people who crave it. We lay the groundwork for both. By welcoming diverse perspectives that challenge our own thinking, we can amplify our individual and collective potential.
Give a sh*t. Everyone is an owner. We dive into any problem head-first and keep ourselves and others accountable. Why? Because we care about doing right by our end users, our customers, and all other stakeholders.
Make lightspeed look good. Moving fast allows us to better serve our customers and outrun the competition. Sometimes we drop the baton, but instead of getting upset about it, we learn and adapt. And even as we rocket ahead, we don’t sacrifice quality or settle for crappy code or poor design.