Senior Forecast Analyst
At Smallhold, we’re building the resilient farming infrastructure of the future. From advanced distribution and farming hubs to modular, high-output technology-enabled Minifarms, we’re bringing the farm to the people, supplying the freshest organic produce to entire cities on a block-by-block basis.
Since 2017, Smallhold has established itself as the leader in US specialty mushroom production with our products found in top retailers like Whole Foods and Central Market and some of the nation’s most exciting restaurant kitchens, such as Maison Yaki, the Standard Hotels, and Bunker Vietnamese.
Our mushrooms, farms, and team (including an amazing cohort of farmers) have been featured in publications like The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Gizmodo, Bon Appetit, Martha Stewart -- to name a few.
What’s next for Smallhold? Our network is growing and with it we’re rapidly expanding our infrastructure, building farms in new markets and bringing specialty mushrooms to more people than ever before. We have big plans for this year and need people like you to help us spread our roots across the country!
As a Forecast Analyst, you will leverage various cloud-based systems to deliver actionable, data-driven insights as you work collaboratively with our Sales, Finance, Logistics, and Operations business units. Holistically, you’ll be spearheading strategic initiatives to help optimize inventory at each farm and assist in the flow of our product from the farm to the consumer. This is a fast-paced role with a rapidly growing company and successful candidates will thrive in our innovative operating environments while contributing to our mission-driven culture reporting to our Director of Digital Strategy.
- Perform analysis to identify trends, patterns, and relationships in the data.
- Translate raw data into business insights that enable better decision making.
- Prepare regular (weekly/monthly) reports utilizing our current cloud-based data stack; continually modifying to meet new business requirements.
- Play a key role in the start up of all projects requiring demand data analysis.
- Assist team with the development of complex spreadsheets, automation formulas, and custom formatting of reports utilizing Google Sheets.
- Manipulate data (merging or importing/exporting) between databases to provide more useful information. Streamline processes to minimize time and ensure the highest level of accuracy, including validation before delivery to the end-user.
- Pull data from enterprise systems and perform required key analysis as needed
- Identify key business drivers in complex situations involving multivariate statistical analyses. Consider and explore multiple hypotheses to rationalize data relationships and trends.
- Design reports, data visualizations, and presentations to track channel performance and communicate business impacts to leadership teams.
- Additional duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business analytics OR equivalent combination of work and education
- 2+ years working in a data-driven supply & demand, forecasting, business analytics environment
- Advanced proficiency with Google Sheets and MS Excel - the ability to manipulate large datasets or build models
- Data cleansing & parsing - ability to understand relational datasets with ease
- Experience with Cloud-based ERP (eg. Netsuite, SAP, or any Oracle products)
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with agriculture / perishable products preferred
- Experience with Querying Languages (eg. Python, R, SQL, and/or Tableau)
The Location: Remote if NOT located in NYC; Effective working hours between 9am - 5PM EST
- Healthcare Benefits
- Robust PTO and Paid Holiday Programs
- Equity Participation
- 401(k) plan
- Opportunities for growth with a rapidly growing, mission driven organization
- Mushrooms always!
- Estimated salary $75,000-85,000 annually.
Smallhold celebrates difference and diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EEO). We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We are committed to building an inclusive work environment where all employees feel a sense of belonging and respect. If there is anything we can do to ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.