Senior Manager, Cloud FinOps and Cost Engineering
New York or Remote ESTAmericas
What You'll Do
- Be a valued technical leader in an autonomous agile department, within our Platform division, and Spotify in general.
- Lead this product Area in the Platform Strategy Studio - managing multiple teams, including engieering
- Lead and enable the vision and long-term technology strategy for Cost Engineering at Spotify.
- You will partner closely with stakeholders across R&D and beyond to build a strong strategy for sustainable cost with buy-in across the organization
- Drive best practices across the company in cloud cost optimization through education, standardization, cultural growth and support.
- Partner with Finance, Engineering and Product leaders across Platform and Spotify to enable large-scale collaboration on cost infrastructure projects.
- Drive accountability to engineering teams that are responsible for the application/services/infrastructure.
- Enable learning across the organization, leveling up our engineering and insights practices and mentoring other leads.
- Create an industry-leading cost allocation model to drive and inform product and market-based decisions
- Develop and mentor product management disciplines within the team to bring value to our internal and external customers.
Who You Are
- You have extensive product experience in cloud-native technologies and have similar organizations.
- Proven experience as a technical leader for managers and serving as the leader of a cost engineering organization driving significant impact.
- You understand how to lead and inspire others.
- Experience leading in an agile environment
- You have experience mentoring, managing and supporting peers and engineering teams, fostering quality engineering practices.
Where You'll Be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration and ask that all be located in that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Link copied to clipboard.
Our global benefits
Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
Learn about life at Spotify