Senior Data Scientist, Analytics Engineering
Our mission: to eliminate every barrier to mental health.
Spring Health is a comprehensive mental health solution for employers and health plans. Unlike any other solution, we use clinically validated technology called Precision Mental Healthcare to pinpoint and deliver exactly what will work for each person — whether that’s meditation, coaching, therapy, medication, and beyond.
Today, Spring Health equips over 800 companies, from start-ups to multinational Fortune 500 corporations, as a leading and preferred mental health service. Companies like J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., Microsoft, J.B. Hunt, Bumble, and Instacart use the Spring Health platform to provide mental health services to thousands of their team members globally. We have raised over $370 million from prominent investors including Kinnevik, Tiger Global, Northzone, RRE Ventures, and many more. Thanks to their partnership, our current valuation has reached $2.5 billion.
The business intelligence org includes a number of embedded analysts, who are the analytics experts within cross functional teams. We’re looking to expand this team, adding an analytics engineer to our Strategic Business Unit (SBU) group. In this role you’ll get to work with relatively new ventures within Spring that we’re looking to quickly mature. These teams are still early in their data journey. The focus to start will be on getting the fundamentals right: understanding the core reporting needs for these business lines, and then building out the data infrastructure in dbt to execute on those needs. Bonus points if you’re excited to turn the data infrastructure into a set of Looker dashboards that help the team understand how their area of the business is operating.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with the SBU team to understand current data sources and landscape, data needs, and current pain points; and then develop the vision and roadmap for the the team's data infrastructure
- Collaborate with the core BI and data engineering teams to implement the data infrastructure design, building new the data mart tables within dbt that will unlock the analyses teams need to perform
- Partner with the SBU team to build out dashboards that will enable the teams to understand how their business is operating and then optimize it
- Monitor and manage the integrity of the data within the tools you build to ensure data accuracy
- Prioritize inbound requests from multiple teams, using business context and collaboration with stakeholders to determine the order in which to approach problems
- Collaborate with teams to understand our business, help craft KPIs and then create reports to measure them
What we expect from you
- You are passionate about changing the face of mental health care and Spring Health’s mission to remove all barriers to mental health resonates with you
- You have 5+ years of working experience working with data, data visualization, and dashboarding tools
- You have strong user empathy - you can deeply understand the core issues stakeholders are having and translate them into reporting solutions that meaningfully improve their ability to operate
- You are an expert in SQL, and have experience working to structure raw data via ELT / ETL processes, using tools like dbt
- You have experience working with Looker or other similar data visualization tools (tableau, etc), both creating the data model and building dashboards
- You focus on impact, finding the things you can deliver that deliver the most value for your stakeholders
- You have exceptional communication skills, and are comfortable working independently with executive level team members
- You are humble, highly motivated, and thrive in fast-paced environments
- You have a proven ability to proactively manage your own priorities and dependencies in alignment with cross-functional dependencies and product/business impact
- You have a passion for successfully navigating ambiguous problem areas and learning new approaches
What we’d love to see (bonus)
- You don’t take no for an answer, and enjoy finding work arounds for limitations in data to get stakeholders the answers they need
- You have experience working with a cloud-based data warehouse to access data (Snowflake, Redshift, Big Table, etc)
The target salary range for this position is $125,000 - $145,850 and is part of a competitive total rewards package including stock options, benefits, and incentive pay for eligible roles. Individual pay may vary from the target range and is determined by a number of factors including experience, location, internal pay equity, and other relevant business considerations. We review all employee pay and compensation programs annually at minimum to ensure competitive and fair pay.
Don’t meet every requirement? Studies have shown that women, communities of color and historically underrepresented talent are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Spring Health we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we strongly encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
Ready to do the most impactful work of your life? Learn more about our values, how we work, and how hypergrowth meets impact at Spring Health: Our Values
Hypergrowth meets impact
What to expect working here:
- You will be held accountable to an exceptionally high bar and impact
- This may be the fastest work environment you will ever experience in terms of growth, decision-making, and time to impact
- You will be empowered to set your own boundaries and asked to adapt them in critical moments when the company needs you
- You will create processes & products that have never existed before
- You will have very direct conversations and receive continuous feedback to push you to become the most thriving team member and performer you can be
- Change is a constant here: your role, team, responsibilities, and success metrics will shift as the company grows
- You get to be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the field
- You get to learn and grow at an extremely accelerated pace
- You will experience transparency, integrity, & humility from leadership
- You will be empowered to constantly challenge the status quo
- You get the space to experiment & innovate
- You get to make a transformational impact for the company, mental health, and for real human lives — and you will see that impact quickly
- You will become more resourceful and resilient
- You get to be part of a winning team that opens doors in the future
Benefits provided by Spring Health:
Your Total Health:
- Health, Dental, Vision benefits start on your first day at Spring Health. You and your dependents also receive an individual One Medical account which is valued at $199/year per user. HSA and FSA plans available
- Numerous yearly no-cost visits to the Spring Health network of therapists, coaches, and medication management providers for you and your dependents
- 10 allocated sick days per year
- Flexible paid time off in addition to 12 paid holidays throughout the year
- Access to Gympass, an on-demand virtual benefit that provides wellbeing coaching, and budget management.
- Sabbatical Leave: When you’re a Team Member at Spring Health and hit your four-year Springaversary, you’ll be awarded a four week, fully paid, sabbatical leave.
You And Your family:
- 4-4.5 months of fully paid parental leave
- Spring Health provides team members and their families with sponsored access to Bright Horizons® child care, back-up care, and elder care.
- Access to fertility care support through Carrot, in addition to $4,000 reimbursement for related fertility expenses
Supporting you financially through:
- Our People team benchmarks all salaries using the Radford Global Compensation Database for technology and life sciences industries. Radford benchmarks salaries with 3,589 global firms, 6.5 million employees, and 98 countries across the globe. We do this to ensure all of our team members are paid equally and competitively.
- On top of competitive and benchmarked salary, Spring Health offers incentive pay (based on role), and equity that begins vesting as we celebrate your first year with the company!
- Employer sponsored 401(k) match of up to 2% after 90 days of employment
Creating a culture you can thrive in:
- Flexible work arrangements: 66% of Spring Health team members work fully remote while 33% work in a hybrid model from our New York City offices
- Focus Fridays: no meetings, no distractions, just time for you to get work done.
- Focus Weeks: In Spring 2023, we held our first ever Focus Week, we canceled all non-essential meetings, minimized distractions, and you, our team members, to dive into the key work that gets chopped up or deprioritized during the regular day-to-day. We saw a 36% jump in the average energized score after those five days of flow state work and are finalizing a plan for quarterly Focus Weeks for team members.
- Up to $1,000 Professional Development Reimbursement per calendar year.
- $200 per year donation matching to support your favorite causes
Spring Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements. Spring Health is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.