Senior Software Engineer, Full-Stack (Acuity)
Acuity Scheduling, a division within Squarespace, is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our collaborative engineering team responsible for the end-to-end development of our Acuity Scheduling application and its long-term vision.
Acuity Scheduling is loved by tens of thousands of businesses who schedule millions of appointments. We've thrived for over a decade by understanding our customers and thinking creatively about technical ways to solve their needs. We are looking for someone who cares more about technology as a way to support our customers than an end in itself. You will report to a Product Engineering Team Lead in our New York City headquarters.
You'll Get To…
- You will develop new features for Acuity Scheduling, a PHP and React.js application, with a focus on backend or full-stack code contributions and system designs
- Collaborate with teammates, and product, design, analytics, and customer operations to understand why we build the features we do
- Help the team improve the existing codebase by promoting thoughtful design patterns and testing habits
- Monitor releases and communicate new changes to customers and customer support
- Scale and improve the performance of the application and database
- Participate in team and departmental meetings to support and intimately understand our customers, and advocate for their success
- Contribute to team processes and mentor peers as we continue to grow
- Manage engineering workstreams to accelerate our velocity, supporting stakeholders along the way.
Who We're Looking For
- 7+ years of Java or other object-oriented language application development or PHP development experience, preferably on large-scale systems with asynchronous eventing
- 2+ years of experience using relational databases, such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design practices
- A sincere commitment to creating readable code and a desire to write clear and practical technical documentation
- A degree in Computer Science or related or equivalent industry experience
Benefits & Perks
- A choice between medical plans with an option for 100% covered premiums
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Access to supplemental insurance plans for additional coverage
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefit
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch and snacks
- Private rooftop
Cash Compensation Range: $113,000 - $201,000 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, experience, and location, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Squarespace employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.
Squarespace (NYSE: SQSP) is a design-driven platform helping entrepreneurs build brands and businesses online. We empower millions of customers in more than 200 countries and territories with all the tools they need to create an online presence, build an audience, monetize, and scale their business. Our suite of products range from websites, domains, ecommerce, and marketing tools, as well as tools for scheduling with Acuity, creating and managing social media presence with Bio Sites and Unfold, and hospitality business management via Tock. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Chicago, Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal, and coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, and Australia. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Thank you in advance for providing the following details about your work history from your resume! This helps us ensure that your candidate information is accurate and consistent during the hiring process.